• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

authenticity letter

RHO

Looking Around
19/8/06
How can I write a letter that certifies that a watch is not original. The watch is a Santos Cartier?

kaneda2004

Known Member
13/8/06
If you mean a letter that certifies that a watch IS original, with the intent of passing the watch off as genuine.. I don't think anyone here could help you with that. I have a feeling that the majority if not all of the board is against passing reps as genuine.

Sorry,

-Kaneda

acidzerocool

Renowned Member
12/7/06
kaneda2004 said:
If you mean a letter that certifies that a watch IS original, with the intent of passing the watch off as genuine.. I don't think anyone here could help you with that. I have a feeling that the majority if not all of the board is against passing reps as genuine.

Sorry,

-Kaneda

I don't think that is what he means.

I believe what you want to do and correct me if I'm wrong but to write up some form of letter to let the customer know the watch is in fact a rep and not a gen. So he can't go to anyone saying that he bought a watch in thinking that it was a gen when in fact is a rep.

My $.02

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
What he really needs is an acnowlegement from the buyer that he knows that the watch is NOT genuine, and he is buying it with that knowledge....Just giving the buyer a notice, will accomplish nothing, unless you can prove he received and UNDERSTOOD the notice...Translations between laqnguages can open up a can of worms too...Be verrrrry careful!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
@RHO

You have mail :D

Life is Good!
Klink

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
RHO said:
How can I write a letter that certifies that a watch is not original. The watch is a Santos Cartier?
The eBay method appears to be "No box, no papers so buy accordingly IF YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN" or "I don't know if it's genuine as it was a gift from my Uncle."

A lot of people have an Uncle Neil, Uncle Josh, Uncle Andrew, Uncle Eddie, Uncle Reg or even an Uncle ... um, Precious. :shock:

RHO

Looking Around
19/8/06
Yes, acidzerocool and frankt8242. You are right. I don´t know how to write that document in terms of watch industry. I know the watch is a fake, and I need to write this in a document

sdpartier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/06
This is how you do it...

To whom this may concern,

This watch is not an original and is a replica (not genuine). If you don't believe me take it to an Authorized Dealer for verification.

Thank you.

Seller

:lol: :lol:

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
RHO said:
Yes, acidzerocool and frankt8242. You are right. I don´t know how to write that document in terms of watch industry. I know the watch is a fake, and I need to write this in a document
A little context would be helpful. If you're trying to sell it as a replica, words like Counterfeit should be avoided, whereas if you bought one thinking it was genuine, Counterfeit is the correct word to use.

To sell a rep knowingly: "This is a Cartier Santos replica" or "This is a fake Cartier Santos that looks just like the real thing."
To report a rep sold as gen: "This is a counterfeit Cartier Santos."

bignick

2/8/06
In the United States any contract entered into for the sale of "illegal" goods is void. The post above is probably most correct regarding what approach should be followed in terms of having the buyer sign the disclaimer (for your keeping) regarding the "authenticity" of the item sold. That way if the purchaser ever argued otherwise, you could refute his/her claims.

RHO

Looking Around
19/8/06
I'm sorry for misunderstanding.
This te complete story. I bought Cartier watch but it is a fake. The seller don't acept that, and I need the opinion of an expert to certified my opinion. This expert is agree the watch is a fake but he don't have experience in that kind of document. That the reason I'm looking for a sample letter.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
RHO said:
I'm sorry for misunderstanding.
This te complete story. I bought Cartier watch but it is a fake. The seller don't acept that, and I need the opinion of an expert to certified my opinion. This expert is agree the watch is a fake but he don't have experience in that kind of document. That the reason I'm looking for a sample letter.
Dead simple:

"I certify that this watch is counterfeit."

That's all you need.

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
Let Cartier see the watch - I am sure they can come up with the appropriate wording. :)

RB