• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet ROO GINZA 7

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Any update on this one? Everyone seemed to be suggesting that it was going to be next after the BEE?

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
NOT ME:

GINZA3_zpsf3261c36.jpg

GINZA2_zpsfdc4e8a8.jpg

GINZA1_zps3bfda02e.jpg

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Genuinely think this could be the most beautiful AP out there (IMO) amazing.

How come you stuck it on rubber instead of the strap it comes on? Seems quite a common thing for gen owners...

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
there is several editions of ginza.

this version is the hardest to rep.

the texture in the number just hard to imitate,

i wonder which editions that j12 repping....

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
version 1 - fc - flat dial , no waffle

version 2 - with a waffle pattern, dunno its a ss or ti.

version 3 - rg - waffle dial

version 4 - dlc , waffle

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
but the hardest to rep numeral is the version 1 with the fc.

beauty tou....

hope the factory, doesnt cut the corner and release rg, ss, dlc, fc version with just one rep dial.

it will be such a shame....

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
the story is ginza edition first release to celebrate Japan, ginza boutiqe.

it realase 100 pcs in 3 editions, which ss,dlc, and rg.

this is the one with waffle pattern and solid numberal.

and also solid case back.

Also with a Horn back.

this release somewhere at 2007.

the price is 275.625.000 yen

L1000629.jpg

L1000557.jpg

L1000548.jpg

L1000552.jpg

L1000575.jpg

then for diaster relief on north japan, they relase the fc ginza with the texture numeral.

this editions come in open case back.

this along with the wall clock sign with famous ap reps like rory mcilroy and many ap reps.

its all goes to auctions.

feel free anyone to put more info to this beauty...

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
ok, found an artucle from hodinkee,

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2011/7...rth-your-attention-audemars-piguet-roo-g.html

1000w

On March 11 a magnitude 9.0 earthquake struck northern Japan. Over 15 thousand were killed and countless others displaced. A global effort to aid the victims has been underway since the shaking ceased. Joining the releif effort is Audemars Piguet, pledging 10 percent of sales of 2 special edition Royal Oak Offshore watches, dubbed the GINZA 7. This is all a part of their "SUPPORT JAPAN" project, which has a long-term goal of raising 100 million yen for Red Cross Japan.
Under most circumstances, I feel that special editions and limited editions add little value to a watch. However, these special edition GINZA 7 watches from AP are truly worthy of the label and any attention it bestows upon them.
The watch is offered in 2 variations, stainless steel and AP's own forged carbon. 200 of the forged carbon will be built and serial number 7 of each will be auctioned on August 31. Their significance proudly displayed on the dial with a diamond encrusted 7 hour marker. Inside the watch is the standard caliber 3126/3840 which is visible through the sapphire caseback. Flanking that caseback is the engraved text, "Royal Oak Offshore Limited Edition" and "GINZA."
In addition to the special watches being auctioned there are 40 original Audemars Piguet wall clocks. These are no ordinary wall clocks though, as they have been signed by AP ambassadors and celebrities alike. Names among them are Lebron James, Lionel Messi and recent US Open champ, Rory McIlroy. All proceeds from the auction will go to the "SUPPORT JAPAN" project.
Online bidding for the 2 watches is already open. Learn more about the project at this link (may need a translator) and visit the Red Cross to learn how you can help, if you don't have the spare change for a new Royal Oak Offshore.
1000w

1000w

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
http://ap.watchprosite.com/show-for...splay-new-ginza-7-le-for-disaster-relief-aid/

Ginza 7 on the wrist of Mr. Mugino - CEO of AP Japan.

Notice the FLAT dial (no waffle or any pattern).

Ceramic bezel, carbon case, "7" is full of diamond - VERY light weight and so easy to wear. White/black two tone subdials and RG rim of on subdial give nice accent to the dial which could otherwise become boring only flat black. Nice touch.

LE of 200 pieces. MSRP JPY3,150,000 (before tax). Each of sale contributes to the good cause.

Now these are the wall clocks signed by the celebrities/ambassadors. Unfortunately, you have to come to the boutique to register to auction. These include....

Rory McIlroy

Vijay Singh

Lionel Messi

Michael Schumacher

Lee Westwood

Darren Clark

Quincy Jones

Arnold Schwarzenegger

and, LeBron James... to name a few.

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
more article:

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/audemars-piguet-royal-oak-offshore-ginza7-watches/

Royal_Oak_Ginza_ST.jpg

The March 2011 series of disasters in Japan really sucked for them, and it still sucks for them. It was like a triple play of Armageddon leaving even Godzilla offering to help pick up the rubble. Joking aside, much of Japan is in bad shape - though the country is help together by the people's pride and cultural ability to survive and thrive after disaster strikes.
As is the case with most all natural disasters, entities both private and public come to help. Corporations like to hold special events or create special products to aid recovery causes. Are these actions commercially driven? Sure, but it is the thought that counts right. Japan has always been a healthy market for Audemars Piguet and now, about six months after the fact when Japan is still in recovery mode, AP has launched two money raising charity programs. Oh, and worth noting is that Audemars Piguet will not charge for labor fixing any AP watches that may have been damaged as an effect of the disaster in Japan. Check with AP for more details on this.
Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-GINZA-7-Forged-Carbon.jpg

The first cool thing is the release of a new limited edition Royal Oak Offshore timepiece set called the "Ginza7" (Ginza 7) These will be two separate watches, each limited to 200 pieces, the sale of which will help the Japanese Red Cross. The first watch is the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Ginza7 (ref. 26180ST.OO.D101CR.01) Stainless Steel and the second is the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Ginza7 Forged Carbon (ref. 26205AU.OO.D002CR.01). The watches are both 42mm wide are pretty much standard AP ROO watches in terms of specs and design. Unique here are the dials and the casebacks.
Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-GINZA-7-Forged-Carbon-3.jpg

Royal_Oak_Ginza_ST_dial.jpg

The two limited edition Ginza7 watches have very different dial designs. I like them both but I really wish someone would tell me watch the "7" in "Ginza7" stands for. The Stainless Steel model has a very classy looking mostly black dial with silvered indicators and hands. All the hour indicators are blacked out though. 7 o'clock however is set with diamonds (on both models). Attached to the steel version is a nice alligator strap.
Second is the Royal Oak Offshore Ginza7 Forged Carbon model - my favorite. I am still really keep on AP's pretty awesome forged carbon and like the dial that mix a series of looks. The black hands (with light borders) and gold ringed subsdial are my favorite parts. The bezel is in ceramic. Again, both are limited to 200 pieces each and will be available soon. See pricing info below.
apclock10.jpg

apclock9.jpg

apclock6.jpg

Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-GINZA-7-Forged-Carbon-2.jpg

In addition to the two limited edition watches (and a special auction of each), Audemars Piguet will auction off 40 AP wall clocks. Each of these clocks has been signed by a celebrity (from all over the world). Many of these are current Audemars Piguet brand ambassadors. The 40 clocks are currently on display in Audemars Piguet's Ginza boutique in Tokyo. The auction results of these clocks will also go to the Japanese Red Cross.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I like it. What is the size? Is it a 42x14??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Had no idea how many golfers were endorsed by AP. I should really lay off the beers and focus on my swing ;)