• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Attn all Aussies. Where the bloody hell are ya?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
It appears I "volunteered" for the job of GTG coordinator for OZ. Can all interested members residing in Australia drop me a PM with your forum name, location and preferably email addy please. When I get an idea of where we all are and how many I can do some planing. Due to the fact that there are not that many of us I will probably run this across several fora to achieve decent turnouts at any events. The sooner I know who's out there the sooner I can get planing.

Regards, Col.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Gotta tell you, Col., I love that you are doing this, and I love the thread title too!

Makes me wish I lived in Australia so that I could respond. :)

And thanks for setting this example too. The other potential "regional leaders" will do well to follow your lead (which I guess would include me, but I'm still half convinced that I'm the only one living in my part of the world, so it's going to be a pretty exclusive GTG).

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
What a classic! Not sure if you got this over in the US...

[youtube:1hrb7aq1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0lwGk4u9o[/youtube:1hrb7aq1]

Hey Col, add me to the list! I am in Oz a lot and if a GTG coincides with one of my trips I'd love to meet up... 8)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
phaedo said:
Hey Col, for those that are not banned over at the geeks, here is a GTG that is being organised for Sydney. http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=57778
Is still about a month away.

Well there you go Sydney siders who are RG members.
Come on! We must have more OZ members than that!

Rooster: you were allready on the list.

Col.

Y8T8

Known Member
20/11/08
Would love to get together some time. Unfortunately I am not in Oz at the moment due to work constaints. :cry:

Perhaps some day!

coling

17/10/08
Col,
hope you don't mind me suggesting you taking the rains on this one, I just knew you'd be perfect for the job. As you already know I'm in Cairns and willing to travel. The RG one is I think planned for the June long weekend which I will be in Alice @ Finke, if we merge Im sure there be others.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i wish i could come, it will be allot of fun!!!!!!!!!!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
So will the Finke you lucky bugger. Are you competeing this year?

Col.

lisim

Horology Curious
12/5/09
Hi i organized the RG one in Sydney in June,

Happy to attend a QLD one if there is one soon allways happy to meet people

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
lisim said:
Hi i organized the RG one in Sydney in June,

Happy to attend a QLD one if there is one soon allways happy to meet people

Cool. If you would PM me your email I'l keep ypou informed of all planed meets so as the geeks don't miss out. That would meen all four fora could be involved.

Col.

Mr.Majestyk

15/2/08
Go AUSSIE!!
I'm in, just told my wife & she just rolled her eyes...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will send PM shortly,
Cheers Col
M*M

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oke, so far I have 14 Aussies over three fora. Melb-6 Syd-5 Qld-3 WA-2 Oh, plus rooster who floats in and out.
There must be more than that! Come on folks, sign up!

Col.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
BUMP.

I know there must be more than this. Come on guys (and gals)!

Col.

parafund

Known Member
30/4/09
I guys from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. I use the term 'sunshine' in jest at present due to the amount of rain we are having. Has anyone here purchased from Watchmaker9? I want to know if his watches are orf the quality he sprukes and charges for and if they are worth it. Thanks for the great site.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
parafund said:
I guys from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. I use the term 'sunshine' in jest at present due to the amount of rain we are having. Has anyone here purchased from Watchmaker9? I want to know if his watches are orf the quality he sprukes and charges for and if they are worth it. Thanks for the great site.

Hey! Offshore and I have a new neibour! I'm not far from Woodford so quite close to you matey. Also got a place at Maleny, even closer! Added you to the list.
You as well Watt44.

As for WM9, read the reviews of various WM9 watches in ByTors forum here: http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=186
You are best to pay a ;ittle more and get your WM9s from BKLM1234 rather than direct as he does a bit of extra work as well as quality control.

Regards, Col.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
trailboss99 said:
Oke, so far I have 14 Aussies over three fora. Melb-6 Syd-5 Qld-3 WA-2 Oh, plus rooster who floats in and out.

Col.

Aah, my life as an after thought! ;) I'll be floating in Melbourne in August and December, if that helps. :)