• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Yachtmaster 116655 Rose Gold

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
I read a 28 page informative guide to gold leaf/wrap/ etc and the final result comes out at ?????????????????????????????/ there is no definitive answer as dealers will state their one is superior. At the end of the day you take a chance on which heap of shit you are comfortable standing on - a bit like the election.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
So having read through this thread a couple times now...its safe to say ARF has a decent 116655 but needs to put their DW on a diet. Anybody have any idea when we might see a v2? I know the 126600 v2 came out after a couple months of v1. But that was a tad more significant with a stamped rotor.

I have the Daytona and SD43 from ARF. I'm more or less happy with their quality so I'll jump on this if the DW can be sorted out. My wrist is 6.75" so I'm fine with a shorter strap anyway.

What would Noob be able to improve upon other than DW? Also, is there any definitive consensus on the rose gold color from ARF???

V2 won’t be released soon. They need to sell current version first which is not a hot seller - that’s what I heard from certain TD.
ARF YM rubber strap won’t fit 6.75” wrist.

Gio-Spi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/6/18
Is there anybody that tell me which is the number code of crystal sapphire? I’d like to buy genuine crystal but I don’t know the correct code.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
V2 depends on sales , in Chinese forums talking about Correct DW and that’s depending good sales to my waiting for noob at the moment if nothing new will wait DW correction ARF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
V2 won’t be released soon. They need to sell current version first which is not a hot seller - that’s what I heard from certain TD.
ARF YM rubber strap won’t fit 6.75” wrist.

Why won't it fit? I'm also a 6.75" wrist. Too small or too big? Significantly so? I heard the strap fits 17-20cm.

Also, I am heavily considering getting the fantasy SS version and putting a gen roulette date disc in. The SS version in the image is a CG rendering but still.

Reactions: mp1mancini

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Why won't it fit? I'm also a 6.75" wrist. Too small or too big? Significantly so? I heard the strap fits 17-20cm.

The normal strap most of these oysterflex watches comes on does . This arf yachtmaster comes with a significantly smaller one that has two 65mm pieces instead of a 65 and an 80. It wouldn't even fit over my fingers when it was open

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
New noob Daytona release waiting 116655
368394afa03808c84708bd5cac450860.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
I love the Daytona Chocolate but am really hesitant about the longevity of the Rose Gold which puts me off

mp1mancini

Wear It - Love It
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
CONUS
Also, I am heavily considering getting the fantasy SS version and putting a gen roulette date disc in. The SS version in the image is a CG rendering but still.

i love this fantasy too. The Roulette DD is a great idea

Please excuse this “you shoul know this” question but how specifically where I could find it? eBay is not exactly full of these.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I love the Daytona Chocolate but am really hesitant about the longevity of the Rose Gold which puts me off

RG platting is much-much better than what it use to be. Usually bracelet takes most beating and since bother Daytona and YM are on the rubber strap playing should hold just fine as long as you don’t bang your watch against things like a crazy maniac :)

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
my noob developed bad staining all over. some type of plating problem no doubt. others have had similar issues. love this watch but have trouble wearing it with these issues.

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Have ordered and received a ARF Rose Gold Yacht-Master which I was very pleased to get. However :headdesk: I did not heed the words of others citing that the watch strap is small. It is incredibly small and I can't even get my hand through it (I don't have farmers hands) also there was an issue with the date change not working on the second crown pull. As a result it has gone back to the TD and hopefully there will be a happy outcome.

PLEASE BE AWARE THE WATCH STRAP WOULD ONLY FIT A 6 inch wrist

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Have ordered and received a ARF Rose Gold Yacht-Master which I was very pleased to get. However :headdesk: I did not heed the words of others citing that the watch strap is small. It is incredibly small and I can't even get my hand through it (I don't have farmers hands) also there was an issue with the date change not working on the second crown pull. As a result it has gone back to the TD and hopefully there will be a happy outcome.

PLEASE BE AWARE THE WATCH STRAP WOULD ONLY FIT A 6 inch wrist

Thank you for the update! I was going to pull the trigger despite the small strap but it looks like it might be too small even for my wrist. Bummer. I dont have extra oysterflex links so I may have to wait for V2

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I just approved QC on the fantasy Stainless version and it looks so good IMO. I'm going to use spare polished center link sections to make it fit as others have done on here. I'm also going to install a gen roulette DW that I have.

IMG_952492c5ec1f5fb83084.jpg

IMG_9525d1376f46f08809c2.jpg