• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Yachtmaster 116655 Rose Gold

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Just go back 2 pages and read from there on, choose either an ARF or Noob depending on your wrist size.

I'm not sure which of the TD's had listed it but I'm pretty sure they listed a "v2" which had an updated strap which was longer, think it might have been InTime.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I have a 6.25" wrist and the arf 116655 RG fits my wrist just nicely. Don't think anybody with a 6.5" wrist and above can fit the ARF 116655...

Are you maxed out on the clasp adjustment? I have a 6.5" wrist...I havent seen a v2 on intime or puretime though

slashFAslash

21/7/18
I'm not sure which of the TD's had listed it but I'm pretty sure they listed a "v2" which had an updated strap which was longer, think it might have been InTime.
I'd probably just ask my TD if the strap is updated since they said that they'll update them.

davemau5

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/15
Sorry to bump this thread but want opinions.

Looks like ARF have corrected the strap so it should be an easy choice now right? But the DW is really bugging me.

1) What movement is best for the ARF?
2) How easy is a GEN DW and Crystal to source?
A) If not GEN which has the best DW out there? Currently think it’s noob?

Plan right now is to source the ARF and a GEN DW and Crystal and send off to have them installed. Resulting in a near perfect watch IMO.

Happy for people to suggest other things to fix as long as long as it’s not breaking the bank. Not intrested in making a Franken, just as faultless as possible!

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Hey guys and davemau5

I'm about to pick up the ARF 116655 w/ updated strap. I know the 2824 is more reliable than the 3135, and 3135 is more expensive to service. My big question is, what options are available to swap out the datewheel with a thinner/more gen-like font? I'm no watchsmith, so I'd prefer a more reliable movement, the 2824, out of the box...but RWI spoiled me on what I can/can't live with :) I don't need a gen DWO, so the 3135 isnt a necessity...but are there aftermarket options that can bring this closer to a super rep?

Fearon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/15
Hey guys and davemau5

I'm about to pick up the ARF 116655 w/ updated strap. I know the 2824 is more reliable than the 3135, and 3135 is more expensive to service. My big question is, what options are available to swap out the datewheel with a thinner/more gen-like font? I'm no watchsmith, so I'd prefer a more reliable movement, the 2824, out of the box...but RWI spoiled me on what I can/can't live with :) I don't need a gen DWO, so the 3135 isnt a necessity...but are there aftermarket options that can bring this closer to a super rep?

Hey Preppyr6, Im in the same boat! Let me know your findings!

Did the Noob V2 ever get released, cant find it anywhere!

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I ordered the 2824...I'll see how badly the DW font bugs me when it arrives, but I'll be looking for replacement options or I'll just wait it out until ARF fixes the DW and pick up a spare from my TD.

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
ARF seriously need to refine DWs.
If their new YM come with fat font I won’t be buying it.