• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF V3 A2824 116610 LV (Hulk) Spotted on PureTime

Astro55

Known Member
6/11/19
Do or do not. There is no try.
I can tell you from owning a Hulk. There is not one out there that can stand up to the real deal. I tried for years. I just sold my hulk so can't compare. All I can say is that QC pic look great do to lighting. Get it in hand and put it next to a real one you will feel bad. I have tried ARF, VRF, Noob. Spoongbob insert, real crystal, real hands,. You need a real insert and a real dial to make a hulk look real. Not other ways around it.

Good luck and I hope it work. Never the less enjoy the watch.

Completely agree with this. I have a Hulk but wanna make a rep for daily use.

I’ve read pretty much every single Hulk thread, VRF vs ARF vs GMF vs Noob vs BP vs DJF vs Nail and after all that reading, msging people to send me pics of their watches I kinda have resigned to the fact that if i wanna do this right I will need to invest some $$ to get a gen dial and insert to make it credible.

The hulk really is a unicorn but I guess thats the allure :p

Last edited:
Reactions: shamanblues999

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Completely agree with this. I have a Hulk but wanna make a rep for daily use.

I’ve read pretty much every single Hulk thread, VRF vs ARF vs GMF vs Noob vs BP vs DJF vs Nail and after all that reading, msging people to send me pics of their watches I kinda have resigned to the fact that if i wanna do this right I will need to invest some $$ to get a gen dial and insert to make it credible.

The hulk really is a unicorn but I guess thats the allure :p

My hulk as a gen insert and old BP dial.
Basically, I’m happy with the BP dial. Just the lume is way too white. This caused me now two relumes and a third one is pending because the first both relumes are ugly. Once this is being solved, I am happy with my hulk rep.

For certain reasons it will have the following specs once my watch is ready:
-gen crystal, date disc, bezel assembly, insert, tube, crown, hands
-BP rep dial, relumed
-Noob v9 case
-ARF bracelet (have v7, v6s as well but honestly ARF is best in terms of quality, weight, end links, recessed sitting etc.)
-Noob v6s clasp (that’s the most qualitative one I was able to get).
-VR3135 movement

7d4f706339292753ee9d14181dc98768.jpg

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Basically, I’m happy with the BP dial. Just the lume is way too white. This caused me now two relumes and a third one is pending because the first both relumes are ugly. Once this is being solved, I am happy with my hulk rep.

-BP rep dial, relumed
-Noob v9 case
-ARF bracelet (have v7, v6s as well but honestly ARF is best in terms of quality, weight, end links, recessed sitting etc.)
-VR3135 movement

Nice hulk

Reactions: mega12

pecupecu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/19

-BP rep dial, relumed
-Noob v9 case
-VR3135 movement

can you share more pics of the dial? the green looks too flat

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Besides being wider overall, the ARF lugs lack the gentle inward curve at mid span that makes the lugs look sexy. Instead it's just a flat straight line that looks stark, Ned.

hbHDc.jpg

Photos by LOOKINGFORADEAL

And anyone that couldn't pickup the lug curves in the previous stick drawing will now never really be able to 'unsee' the lug differences lmao...

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
And anyone that couldn't pickup the lug curves in the previous stick drawing will now never really be able to 'unsee' the lug differences lmao...

True. And I still try to avoid looking at that picture in detail ;)

Reactions: KJ2020 and jb3

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
can you share more pics of the dial? the green looks too flat

BP dial is anything but flat bro. It has the widest spectrum of color spread I've seen from full black to many shades of beautiful green.

15743476300210.jpg

Reactions: mega12

pecupecu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/19
BP dial is anything but flat bro. It has the widest spectrum of color spread I've seen from full black to many shades of beautiful green.

thats really nice!

It looks like BP has the best green dial. But it also looks like everything else is pretty bad.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
thats really nice!

It looks like BP has the best green dial. But it also looks like everything else is pretty bad.

Like all reps you take the good with the bad. It's a Miyota 9015 which has run flawlessy unserviced for 20 months. The case is decent, the bracelet and clasp are above average. SEL recess is better than many (most notably Noob). I'm going to swap in a 2836 at some point, that should reduce the date font a little. I've been on the wait list for a gen that same amount of time so it's earned its keep. Hulk is one rep that will likely never be great without gen parts.

Last edited: