• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF or Noob Daytona?

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
I have no reference to compare on hand so it is hard to pass judgement on the bezel engraving colour.

As far as polishing goes yes there are slight streaking on the PCL but only ever so slightly. It's a bit more pronounced on the clasp though but as always only visible at a certain angle.

f5d4293f08d4a93e1e724f8a2c7700b3.jpg

678726f49fe1e847160fe8d463c67ec7.jpg

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
In person, how is the Platinum engraving color? Also, is the PCL streaky at an angle or is the mirror polish even?

Font size is wrong color is off. Most importantly u guys need to see the bezel on 6 o’clock always off! I rejected a lot till I get mine! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superh3ro

Known Member
26/3/17
is there a difference in the ceramic bezels? how close versus gen for both would you say. it is totally off?

i cant really put my finger on it, but both noob and arf ceramics dont seem to have that genuine look in pics (my guess is that its the ceramic). or maybe im just crazy

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
is there a difference in the ceramic bezels? how close versus gen for both would you say. it is totally off?

i cant really put my finger on it, but both noob and arf ceramics dont seem to have that genuine look in pics (my guess is that its the ceramic). or maybe im just crazy
It's a rep. I don't care how accurate or which version you get...at the end of the day you know what you're wearing on your wrist.

Let's put it this way, whichever one you get the reps these days are so close to the gens and at such a quality level...you'd be hard pressed to see the differences unless you also happen to own the gen and wear them day to day to compare. I showed the Noob to my friends who are actually interested in watches and they can't tell it is a rep at all until I told them so. Even then they couldn't believe it's a replica, and when I showed them the movement photos they had no words!

Of course, we all have our pet peeves and there are things that we can and can't tolerate in the reps that we own. Not everyone can afford to make reps like TheSociety so us mere morals could only buy what we like.

Personally I can't have a non working Chrono...I think it's plain silly. Can you imagine having a Daydate that shows Monday everyday? It's plain silly, but that's just me.

Cheers mates!

Sent from my F8132 using Tapatalk

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
It's a rep. I don't care how accurate or which version you get...at the end of the day you know what you're wearing on your wrist.

Let's put it this way, whichever one you get the reps these days are so close to the gens and at such a quality level...you'd be hard pressed to see the differences unless you also happen to own the gen and wear them day to day to compare. I showed the Noob to my friends who are actually interested in watches and they can't tell it is a rep at all until I told them so. Even then they couldn't believe it's a replica, and when I showed them the movement photos they had no words!

Of course, we all have our pet peeves and there are things that we can and can't tolerate in the reps that we own. Not everyone can afford to make reps like TheSociety so us mere morals could only buy what we like.

Personally I can't have a non working Chrono...I think it's plain silly. Can you imagine having a Daydate that shows Monday everyday? It's plain silly, but that's just me.

Cheers mates!

Very interesting view mate thanks for sharing, in my personal view of this new models:

-I think its amazing to have factories pushing to make clone movements sa3135 sh3135 and now this 4130 that seems to be working nice
-Under the expert eye everything will be wrong with this models so it turns into your own limits of tolerance, What can you live with? no chrono but gen thickness? Chrono but bigger case?
its all about you and your pocket
-This reps can make good base to franken/mod/genestein tune them
-A higher quality bezel on ebay is there for 20 bucks or so, same for crystal, pushers and case reshape or gen parts if your pocket is deep enough, you can get an almost all gen for a 1/4 of the price
-I fyou decide to keep it as it is, then if you like the overal look and dont care about the chrono, seems like jf is the best for you, if you want a fully fuctional chrono then noob and if you want the new 904l steel color then ARF that has a better dial color.
-apparently is not possible to swap the JF movement with the new noob movement and factories will not produce another movement for jf so we have to pick up one version.
-Noob makes really nice dials (mr la creme) so new version should come eventually.
-I cant wait to have mine!

Reactions: mui.richard

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
I just got mine a couple days ago and the Noob movement is incredible. Second hand at 6:00 sweeps perfectly smooth, and all chrono sub dials work as they should...and resets nicely to zero.

Most incredible? The tactile feedback of the pushers when engaging and resetting the chronograph feels almost exactly like gen.

Rotor is as quiet as my gen Rolexes.
9d328dd813b481ef2f166cb362ee5eb0.jpg
b93a761feba5d19665c18b6655bf3835.jpg
129896f63ea20b0719f5c17f4734c91f.jpg
6d6c76b7f301d9a542f99d6bc694ef9e.jpg

got to say... you really inspire me to get one... so badly now!!! Love itand thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.

Reactions: mui.richard

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
FOR those that say the bezel is off on both arf and noob , could u guys show some knowledge and pics to show us the different ? Since i really cant see it
thanks

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth

Cheers mates!

How does the bracelet feel? The ARF bracelet came off as very cheap and rattly to me.

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
ARF has a much better appearance than the new Noob.

The new Noob feels like a children's toy watch, an economic watch that is certainly not worth $ 600

What really is these $ 600? The movement inside.

ARF has a much better aesthetic that is represented by a better profile of the box, a very thin reahut like gen, a dial and the most accurate spheres, a much better bezel (such as tilting and engraving numbers) etc etc. The problems of ARF version are:

-caseback: profile and angle it's too high. (you can mod this, but you can't remove its wrong angle)
-movement: sometimes could be failed or have a second hand at six that shutter (not move smooth)

The Noob has a totally wrong dial font in all its versions, the bezel that are very badly made. But the thing that hinders me from buying a Noob daytona watch is just one: the VERY HIGH Reahut! this makes the whole horrible watch. A real pity because this problem, combined with the very probably high seal of the glass makes the reahut appear very high and gives the watch a cheap appearance and not GEN feeling.

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
In this pic you can easily understand what i mean about the high rehaut on Noob version.

All watches are new noob's with SH4130, but the central one with white dial and ceramic bezel it's the arf version. Check the rehaut difference, it's huge!

d3fb810a235051ada6d89734942022f6.jpg

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I just got the Noob today. It went set too the right time. I pulled the crown out to adjust it and the crown came out. I am going too send it out for service. the movement is suppose to be identical too a 4130 so we will see. if now I will request a new one. Looks parfect.

Reactions: arepuj

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Looks parfect.

What looks perfect? Movement or the watch? If the latter, you need to lay off whatever you've been drinking bro.

Reactions: Sogeha

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
LMAO Que. The movement looked perfect. I know nothing about chronos so I didn't take it apart. The stem is out with the crown. It won't stay in. Im going too speak too Mike too look at it. But looking at it it looks just as a real 4130 looks..

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
ARF has a much better appearance than the new Noob.

The new Noob feels like a children's toy watch, an economic watch that is certainly not worth $ 600

What really is these $ 600? The movement inside.

ARF has a much better aesthetic that is represented by a better profile of the box, a very thin reahut like gen, a dial and the most accurate spheres, a much better bezel (such as tilting and engraving numbers) etc etc. The problems of ARF version are:

-caseback: profile and angle it's too high. (you can mod this, but you can't remove its wrong angle)
-movement: sometimes could be failed or have a second hand at six that shutter (not move smooth)

The Noob has a totally wrong dial font in all its versions, the bezel that are very badly made. But the thing that hinders me from buying a Noob daytona watch is just one: the VERY HIGH Reahut! this makes the whole horrible watch. A real pity because this problem, combined with the very probably high seal of the glass makes the reahut appear very high and gives the watch a cheap appearance and not GEN feeling.

That’s right! God said. Be sometimes people always ask for more when they know is so damn cheap compare to gen! Worst they already know is rep yet wanna pull off as GEN! Who cares whatever you’re wearing on your watch! Just be frank and just say oh well this is rep! That’s simple. Don’t need to be act cool say yeah I just brought a Gen that need waiting list for 1 to 2 years. Or oh I pay more than the price. FACEPALM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
That’s right! God said. Be sometimes people always ask for more when they know is so damn cheap compare to gen! Worst they already know is rep yet wanna pull off as GEN! Who cares whatever you’re wearing on your watch! Just be frank and just say oh well this is rep! That’s simple. Don’t need to be act cool say yeah I just brought a Gen that need waiting list for 1 to 2 years. Or oh I pay more than the price. FACEPALM

You clearly don't get the point. Also you are contradicting yourself. Look at your posts regarding the RM again and reread this.

Last edited:

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
I think the way to go its to get the ARF combine with jf caseback, then gen crystal, crown, pushers, bracelet, dial and hands, not the gen bezel tho.

Mzo5VWU.jpg

6pfzNxB.jpg

O8x3Zxj.jpg

Reactions: RobLive7 and QueTip

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I think the way to go its to get the ARF combine with jf caseback, then gen crystal, crown, pushers, bracelet, dial and hands, not the gen bezel tho.

Mzo5VWU.jpg

6pfzNxB.jpg

O8x3Zxj.jpg

Looks great! :thumbsup:

Reactions: d4v3

Talha

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/17

Mzo5VWU.jpg

6pfzNxB.jpg

O8x3Zxj.jpg

That's gonna be quite expensive! :shok: But it looks simply gorgeous!

angrycucumber

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/18
Patiently waiting for my noob to see if it has any of the issues such as taller rehaut and misalligned bezel and 6 indice. Will take pics when i get