• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[ARF] New 114300 oyster perpetual

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
No they don't. The BP version does.

I see. So for the reliability it would be better to go with BP.

One last question. if the clone movement craps out can this be easily swap out to newer clone movement (VR)?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I see. So for the reliability it would be better to go with BP.

One last question. if the clone movement craps out can this be easily swap out to newer clone movement (VR)?

Out of the box, the A2824 movement that BP uses is more reliable than the clone version. I have the JF version, which uses only the clone movement, for three years now and it is still running fine without it being serviced.

I don't know if replacing the clone movement is easy or not.

Reactions: sgt.njoy

flashbeem

Horology Curious
12/4/20
Hi all,

I'm searching for a 114300 39mm with a blue dial.

Now I ended up reading a lot in the forums and some people seem to have issues with movement 3132 from ARF.

I think I will go for the 3132 GMF version of 114300. The blue looks good and I didn't found information about movement.

What do you guys think?

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
arf114300-0005.jpg

just a quick comparison arf vs gen 114300-0005, pic is obviously an arf

1. distance between ROLEX and OYSTER PERPETUAL (too wide on rep dial)
2. lume on gen markers is pretty plain, on arf they look like a pools
3. these squares are small "domes" on gen, not plain printed (arf)
4. there is a tiny little curve on the arf, that the gen does not have
5. coronet on arf is a tiny little bit flater
6. i messed up the picture - there is no 6
7. obvious in direct comparison, crown etc is more pronounced on gen
8. dial color is pretty much 1:1, sunburst differs in direct comparison BUT not as much as ppl tell on the intrawebs (but yes, it does), LEC is pretty much the same imho, BUT question for the real rlx experts:

is the crystal clarity better on arf compared to gen? (on different light conditions gen is better, but arf is incredibly good) is the LEC really pretty much 1:1 gen vs arf?

there are other things i wanted to mention: winding is pretty much the same, slightly smoother on gen; gen clasp & bracelet also makes noises when you tip on it, or shake your wrist- its not THAT much difference, at least with my arf...

overall, yes definately NWBIG (if you are not the greatest fan of the discontinued 114300-0005) but superrep: no.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiGra66

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
gen dial will bring the arf on another level

a gen dial is always a good choice to make the dial more genlike.^^ dial is the first thing i look for - but specific rlx dials are not easy to get and: there are other aspects. it hink it was mentioned already, but
  • depth of the crown on clasp (arf too deep)
  • clasp inside finish differs - not talking about different engravings/stamps
  • brushing, pins
  • etc. etc.
rehaut is for arf standards (regarding rehaut: "lower") actually pretty good on my arf version, not 1:1 but thats not uncommon (see clasp engravings, stamps)

what i still dont know - as i have no clue about rlx crystals (maybe a tiny little bit knowledge about milgauss, basic sub stuff etc.): is the arf crystal clarity better than the gen crystal? under normal inhouse(artificial & not bright) light conditions i would say yes. on bright light, not really. but as 10x AR coated prof crystals offer more visibilty than gen, i wouldnt be shocked. but on this specific model i need to know....pls helpz me!

Reactions: MiGra66