• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF DSSD Blue 116600 - Review/Pics

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Great thing about ARF is they do respond to feedback and fix issues. As soon as they update it to the BaselWorld 2018 model, this fatty is mine.

Reactions: Drifter

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Ive been eyeing for this. Do u think it will be advisable for an 2xAR coat? Do u have lume shots sir? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres what it lools like with 2XAR.

If there was ever any Rolex that could benifit from 2XAR its this one...IMO

Purists will of course throw up their arms.

This is a very particular piece to wear. IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!

Its very big and very tall and top heavy. If you have smaller wrists, It may not feel good while wearing.

Its very, very big and heavy and doesn't suit itself to being worn loose and low on the wrist. Unless thats your thing. It really helps to have big, thick wrists and to be worn snug, without a lot of flopping around, IMO...

Anyway, I love mine and the 2xar really shows off the amazimg dial IMO....

One of my favorite pieces!

3CV5nnl.jpg

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17

Its very big and very tall and top heavy. If you have smaller wrists, It may not feel good while wearing.

Its very, very big and heavy and doesn't suit itself to being worn loose and low on the wrist. Unless thats your thing. It really helps to have big, thick wrists and to be worn snug, without a lot of flopping around, IMO...

3CV5nnl.jpg
Looks brilliant mate.
Specs on the watch ? Is it a noob v7 with SpongeBob or gen insert?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Looks brilliant mate.
Specs on the watch ? Is it a noob v7 with SpongeBob or gen insert?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

All gen except the v6s case, dial and bracelet...2xar looks great imo

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
All gen except the v6s case, dial and bracelet...2xar looks great imo

Wow. I meant no disrespect with my previous comment. I am quite the noob. I knew the insert was definitely better than stock on reps ...

Looks phenomenal ... Especially with the 2xar

Reactions: domsdaddy123

domsdaddy123

Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Wow. I meant no disrespect with my previous comment. I am quite the noob. I knew the insert was definitely better than stock on reps ...

Looks phenomenal ... Especially with the 2xar

Absolutely no offense taken buddy...the quality of the reps now are so good, it even takes a pro time to figure out whats what..

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14
There is a new ARF Sea-Dweller Deepsea with SH3135 movement: [video]https://puretime05.com/featured-products/sea-dweller-116660-d-blue-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135.html[/video]

[video]https://puretime05.com/featured-products/sea-dweller-116660-arf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135.html[/video]

Are there any improvements or should I wait for a V2 ?

That’s a good question on their blue dial.

llvicente1023

31/8/17

3CV5nnl.jpg

Awesome buddy! Its a nice watch. Perhaps i’ll do the same ????

Reactions: neeeechlas

llvicente1023

31/8/17
There is a new ARF Sea-Dweller Deepsea with SH3135 movement: [video]https://puretime05.com/featured-products/sea-dweller-116660-d-blue-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135.html[/video]

[video]https://puretime05.com/featured-products/sea-dweller-116660-arf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135.html[/video]

Are there any improvements or should I wait for a V2 ?

I think would be better to wait for the V2. Lets see if they will correct the bluish black proportion on the dial.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Hands are crazy good compared to what we have seen till now.
Insert is great as well. If it weren't for the too deep engravings it would have been almost perfect.
Clasp is amazing too, having rounded edges like it should.

Lugs are a bit rounded but overall a very very good rep ootb.

Great review mate !

adrianloke1975

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/17
This is an awesome review! Thanks.

I recently lost my noob v7 on a trip and I need a replacement. Which dealers have this beaty?

Edit: Also do they make one with a black dial?
Hi, i just listed a Dblue Noob V7 in the sales section in case you are interested.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
How is the weight of the ARF DSSD? Did you get the SH3135 or A2834 version as I couldn't see it in your first post?

It‘s a heavy watch, weight is good. It‘s the A2824-2 version.

Notice @all: I tryed to put the best parts from the Noob V7 (A2836) and the ARF(A2824) version together. ARF hands will fit on the Noob - but the Noob hands won’t fit on the ARF - the ARF hands are higher.

Bracelet from ARF will fit on the Noob case, but the end links are rattling like shit....so i only changed the clasp - i haven’t seen a difference from 316 to 904 Steel ;)

I noticed, that the ARF bracelet is about 0,5mm smaller from the widht...if you put a piece of bracelet on the Noob bracelet there is a little edge...you can see/feel where the ARF is screwed on the Noob part.

The braceletscrews wont fit 100% together and flush on the bracelet they are a bit different ( Noob to ARF )

... at the end i sold the ARF and i stick to the Noob. The Dial is better imo... i ordered an ARF insert, and maybe i put some ARF hands on it. Thats all I need to have the perfect piece.

The ARF is a great rep! Its like on the 114300 BP or JF decission...

Reactions: highrisedrifter

highrisedrifter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
It‘s a heavy watch, weight is good. It‘s the A2824-2 version.

Notice @all: I tryed to put the best parts from the Noob V7 (A2836) and the ARF(A2824) version together. ARF hands will fit on the Noob - but the Noob hands won’t fit on the ARF - the ARF hands are higher.

Bracelet from ARF will fit on the Noob case, but the end links are rattling like shit....so i only changed the clasp - i haven’t seen a difference from 316 to 904 Steel ;)

I noticed, that the ARF bracelet is about 0,5mm smaller from the widht...if you put a piece of bracelet on the Noob bracelet there is a little edge...you can see/feel where the ARF is screwed on the Noob part.

The braceletscrews wont fit 100% together and flush on the bracelet they are a bit different ( Noob to ARF )

... at the end i sold the ARF and i stick to the Noob. The Dial is better imo... i ordered an ARF insert, and maybe i put some ARF hands on it. Thats all I need to have the perfect piece.

The ARF is a great rep! Its like on the 114300 BP or JF decission...

Many thanks for the info. I think i'll get the ARF A2824 version.

Reactions: RobSe1

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I got me one of those. It’s looking good but I’m not happy with the dial. It looks wrong both the gradient and the tone of the blue. It’s a big minus for me.

Reactions: RobSe1

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Jep the Dial is a Weak part of it.... so much DSSD reps and every Dial has it own pros and cons. Maybe somewhen they hit the nail ... hopefully