• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman GMT 116710 BLNR photo review

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
What do you think guys, is it worth to invest 3.5k for a gen BLNR Set (Bezel, Hands, dial) or is it better to keep it OOB by adding a gen crystal and date only

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
What do you think guys, is it worth to invest 3.5k for a gen BLNR Set (Bezel, Hands, dial) or is it better to keep it OOB by adding a gen crystal and date only

If you decide to buy that full set, I would not use ARF as a base watch. ARF's advantage is the insert so if you get a gen it's moot. Conversely it has a weaker movement and a worse case than a VRF

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17

3.5 is a good price ;-)

Reactions: mega12

Blutang777

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
Canada

$3500usd for full set is a smoking deal. I’d be all over that. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mega12

srhoque

28/11/18

Save the money, instead go with an ARF/ROF bezel, GMF v3 dial, gen hands/crystal on a Noob or ROF base case. Have spongebob sputter coat the insert for paint longevity. Whatever money you save, invest it in AAPL stocks or Bitcoin :hehehe:

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Save the money, instead go with an ARF/ROF bezel, GMF v3 dial, gen hands/crystal on a Noob or ROF base case. Have spongebob sputter coat the insert for paint longevity. Whatever money you save, invest it in AAPL stocks or Bitcoin :hehehe:

Haha thanks man. What is ROF? Never heard about.

Usually, my idea would be: VRF movement, ARF base watch, gen crystal and date.
If a GMF dial can be sourced separately, fine, but I doubt that this will be easy to get. And will the gen hands match to the white color of GMF markers? I’m not a friend of Mixing hands and dial from different makers because it caused me too many headaches in the past.

However, there is also no urgent need for me to do this project as I’m having this baby already.

2b7c4dd318fa0f72dfb553f3dd39ba3a.jpg

johnwatch

Certified
14/12/13
There comes a point in this game that the price of perfection is too much. One $3,500 for gen bezel, hands and dial is a pipe dream. Bezel $3,000-,3500 alone. Dial $1000 hands on the bay now cheap are $650 if real?

I have ARF with s#$_ movement keeping great time for now I'm investing in a date advance module part $85 to help there. Gen Date wheel. $265 including install Prof. Gen crystal not cheap. Now between $400-600. When done she will be as close to perfect for just north of $1200. Without having to swap out dials, bezels/cases etc. I have ruined many reps trying to swap bezels for sure. Bezel inserts don't all fit other bezels. Dials in this biz differ in size as well.

So to the gentleman a few posts back. ARF plus gen date/gen crystal is my choice.

Also as stated vr movement and hands $158+$25= $183 if and when needed.

I'll post pix when done.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
There comes a point in this game that the price of perfection is too much. One $3,500 for gen bezel, hands and dial is a pipe dream. Bezel $3,000-,3500 alone. Dial $1000 hands on the bay now cheap are $650 if real?

I have ARF with s#$_ movement keeping great time for now I'm investing in a date advance module part $85 to help there. Gen Date wheel. $265 including install Prof. Gen crystal not cheap. Now between $400-600. When done she will be as close to perfect for just north of $1200. Without having to swap out dials, bezels/cases etc. I have ruined many reps trying to swap bezels for sure. Bezel inserts don't all fit other bezels. Dials in this biz differ in size as well.

So to the gentleman a few posts back. ARF plus gen date/gen crystal is my choice.

I'll post pix when done.

Yeah, this is my thoughts as well.
It’s a nice price and surely a good value but it’s not worth it at all. Change a few rep parts to gen only and have a nice and reliable watch.

Reactions: mrsullivan

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17

I'll post pix when done.

Yeah, this is my thoughts as well.
It’s a nice price and surely a good value but it’s not worth it at all. Change a few rep parts to gen only and have a nice and reliable watch.

bupeapoop

5/9/20
That's one thing I've definitely noticed around here and that's the fact that some enthusiasts can really push their purse strings out all the way and spend a small fortune getting their rep to as close to gen as possible using all gen parts. Each to their own... I mean, I can certainly see the appeal, and if some people are willing to pursue such a thing then why not, right?

Like yourself, I think only a few key gen parts can make all the added difference for a great looking and reliable watch. Sometimes less = more!

Mike joe

12/3/17
Dear peeps I’ve seen this watch on perfect clones with a V2 out what is the diff between V1 and V2