• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 904L Explorer i 214270 will release very soon

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Well if users are that nitpicky about the "3", then the above posted photo also has spacing between "E" and "xplorer".issue, not very prominent as in the older JF but still not spot on.

Yeah I saw that. Scroll back a page to my pic of the gen, it has that also. The new ARF ( E XPLORER ) spacing is spot on with gen. ARF is a little less bold font though. In this pic you can readily see the thinner ARF font on the numerals I mentioned earlier. Also the hour markers are thinner. Still a great rep!

GEN_V_ARF_2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and pigger

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Well if users are that nitpicky about the "3", then the above posted photo also has spacing between "E" and "xplorer".issue, not very prominent as in the older JF but still not spot on.

Let’s wait for final one , ARF working on 904L OYSTER PERPETUAL 39MM all colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doughy1882

Horology Curious
15/8/18
Any idea what this will cost in $ please?

From my VERY limited knowledge, the current good quality reps go for about $368 (?).

If when this comes in new will be much more $368, I will stop waiting and go for the current next best thing....

Thanks

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
EXPLORER text on the ARF is definitely off,
it's E XPLORER.
I've just received the JF last week and I see zero sense in getting one of these. The watch is tiny and has no AR, so there are all sorts of reflections. You just can't see these flaws on the wrist, there's no way.
My freshly serviced JF Ex1, still in plastic :)
IMG_20180816_095114.jpg

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
The numeral 3 right side curve is accurate in the new ARF. The model is a step closer to gen and by far the best of it's kind available. It's too bad that while they were changing the dial they didnt make the numerals thicker like the gen. Very easy to see the rep numerals are thinner, which makes them appear wider (stretched).

Compare_EXP_s_2_Large.jpg
ok mate, but your gen is render. it isnt real one....
and we can not know if Angus held a really new arf in his hand

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
EXPLORER text on the ARF is definitely off,
it's E XPLORER.
I've just received the JF last week and I see zero sense in getting one of these. The watch is tiny and has no AR, so there are all sorts of reflections. You just can't see these flaws on the wrist, there's no way.
My freshly serviced JF Ex1, still in plastic :)
IMG_20180816_095114.jpg

Same old JF Dial batch with ARF Now same Maker I m sure they will solve it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
BP is the best dial maker period.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
great improvements .. indeed I would say excellent ..

unfortunately, the problem of the number 3 is always there .. it always has an incorrect shape ... and you can notice it even more in this picture ..

qzkkrp.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and LaPavel

jampo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/17
:( now i dont want the explorer anymore????

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I have the JF and really don’t feel the need to change it.
but I will look for the ARF clasp...

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
it is sad to see how in the case of the explorer the dial has been slightly updated (as in the last batch of the JF), and that they have only changed the writing on the clasp to differentiate "JF" from "ARF" and introduced a better crown, but that all the rest remained unchanged. I expected better quality hands according to ARF / JF standards that offer the best rep chinese spheres on the market today. Unfortunately they are the same as the last JF batch.

Even the clasp was waiting for me better, but also in this case it isn't so good as was expected.

Can't wait to 114300 with black dial, then i will decide :)