• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 904L 114300 will release very soon

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
got the 114300 black dial for a few days - very satisfied with it, imho its very very close to superrep status (99%) - rehaut on my batch is perfectly alligned, markers are pretty genlike (not like the fat bp markers).

Reactions: vcappp

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
antale i am really wondering about that too. (spacing on black and white dial) i compared the dial with a lot of other pictures in the web (not only c24) & to me it looks pretty spot on compared to gen.

cant tell how the color of the dial, sunburst etc. is, holding both gen and rep in hand, but...damn, ARF did a really good job on these.

Voske

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/17
Anyone can tell me how the clasp feels?? Does it have a rattling sound or it is firm?? Want to buy one because the only faulty my JF has Is this rattling clasp and it's annoying. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Still rattling..same as JF :)

Voske

9/10/17
is the gen rattling as well? braclet is without easylink so its not fixed. i bet the gen rattles like the arf...^^

When tapping on the closed lock from a gen there is also a minor clicking sound, the clicking sound from the arf/jf is a little more present..nothing to worry about and not noticable..only when tapping on the clasp :p You can always put a very small of thin foam tape inside the clasp, not visible and gone is the noise!

Reactions: vcappp and tmp2018

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Is the spacing on the black dial really that big of an issue in person Probably going to swap my arf sub out for one of these guys. Also are there any parts in the sh3132 that need to be replaced right off the bat?

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
Is the spacing on the black dial really that big of an issue in person Probably going to swap my arf sub out for one of these guys. Also are there any parts in the sh3132 that need to be replaced right off the bat?

imho its no problem at all* and overall quality of the black arf 114300 is excellent.

*still waiting for someone here who had / has both gen and rep in hands.

Reactions: Tacotuesday

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Wondering if I could get some feedback on this one. Dial markers look to be touching the rehaut on the top portion of the watch. Debating on whether that flaw is worth asking for another one.

SLkYr.jpg

SLMKF.jpg

Voske

9/10/17
You are right, you can maybe fix this very easy yourself: open the case (back) loosen the 2 screws a little that hold the movement in place, replace the movement slightly until the dial is in the right position, tighten the 2 screws and close the caseback.
Or you ask for a new one :)

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
You are right, you can maybe fix this very easy yourself: open the case (back) loosen the 2 screws a little that hold the movement in place, replace the movement slightly until the dial is in the right position, tighten the 2 screws and close the caseback.
Or you ask for a new one :)

Its possible I could do this myself, but I have terrible luck. Whenever I mod Seiko's everything runs smoothly, but for some reason if the watch is more than $300 I slip up and mess up the watch. I just asked for a new copy.

Part of me thinks "oh its a rep, a flaw like that is no big deal", but the other part of me says "yes its a rep, but its a $500 rep that you'll likely have to service soon with gen parts, get a good sample from the get go at least."

Luckily my schizophrenia only pertains to watches.

Voske

9/10/17
Its possible I could do this myself, but I have terrible luck. Whenever I mod Seiko's everything runs smoothly, but for some reason if the watch is more than $300 I slip up and mess up the watch. I just asked for a new copy.

Part of me thinks "oh its a rep, a flaw like that is no big deal", but the other part of me says "yes its a rep, but its a $500 rep that you'll likely have to service soon with gen parts, get a good sample from the get go at least."

Luckily my schizophrenia only pertains to watches.

I know the feeling, to be honest I messed up my 114300 JF by trying to make it better but I was a good exercise, I learned a lot :) I also have the new ARF and so far the movement is running fine for more then a month. The movement from the earlier JF failed already after a couple of days and needed a service right away

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
I know the feeling, to be honest I messed up my 114300 JF by trying to make it better but I was a good exercise, I learned a lot :) I also have the new ARF and so far the movement is running fine for more then a month. The movement from the earlier JF failed already after a couple of days and needed a service right away

I'm hoping the one I get will be fine for a few months at least. I do plan on getting it serviced and having gen reversing wheels put in. But I cant seem to find any 3132 reversing wheels. I think the 3135 wheels will fit but I'm not 100% sure.

Figure with that mod and a good sample of the watch I'm looking at $770 for a reliable watch.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Td basically told me almost all of them have the same issue. So I'm going to try to fix it myself by using the above method. Loosening the 2 screws and moving thr movement down It's a fraction of a millimeter so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Plus I have to get this thing serviced anyways where I could easily have it fixed

Voske

9/10/17
Td basically told me almost all of them have the same issue. So I'm going to try to fix it myself by using the above method. Loosening the 2 screws and moving thr movement down It's a fraction of a millimeter so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Plus I have to get this thing serviced anyways where I could easily have it fixed

A good tip: when you have loosen the two screws (that hold the movement in place) a little you can put the tip of a small screwdriver between the case and the movement, when you have found the exact position for the dial you hold this screwdriver in place while tighting the two screws with your other hand ;-) (otherwise you have no grip on the movement)
Ps it's even less than 1 mm :)