• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
lankyemu i think black needs to be less noticable with sunburst then the blue or rhodium

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Is the DW an easy tell in person?

If its the older more bold (thick) font, yes. Some of them look better now though. Gen Rolex have variances of dw’s but not as thick as some examples posted, just question your QC pic until you are happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drummerman

Known Member
2/5/17
Accepted this afternoon from trusty
6baf9462e618566303f5126b57536b21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nivka and sputim

lankyemu

Horology Curious
15/11/17
Here is a video of ARF black dial in natural light. The case has a lot of fingerprints on it, sorry about that. You can see the sunburst on the black. I have seen videos of the gen online that you can tell the black sunburst is far less noticeable than the blue or rhodium unless under the right light. However, I have not compared in person to the gen, so it is difficult to know how close it is.

https://imgur.com/a/4tno5hL

The bezel and jubilee make this guy very sparkly in sunlight.

Last edited:

PoptheC

18/5/13
Here is a video of ARF black dial in natural light. The case has a lot of fingerprints on it, sorry about that. You can see the sunburst on the black. I have seen videos of the gen online that you can tell the black sunburst is far less noticeable unless under the right light. However, I have not compared in person to the gen, so it is difficult to know how close it is.

https://imgur.com/a/4tno5hL

The bezel and jubilee make this guy very sparkly in sunlight.
Looks amazing....

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lankyemu

joyjoyk

Known Member
10/3/18
The real black dial has a sunburst effect. I was worried the ARF doesn't have one but clearly it does!
Many thanks for ur vid!
I must say the black is very close to Gen Id say

Reactions: lankyemu

pingz

Looking Around
15/11/18
Is it normal for the cyclops to be off as in angled or tipped compared to the datewheel? Not horribly off but like 5-10 degrees off?

lankyemu

Horology Curious
15/11/17
lankyemu think u r right, a bit too much „sunburst“ compered to gen . Looks almost „grayish“ under ur light

Just to be clear, I can't be right or wrong bc I have no idea how close it is having not seen gen in person.

I have trouble understanding the very first post in this entire convo. I think he is maybe a ESL speaker. But, he seems to call the black dial "dark rhodium"; which would explain the greyish sunburst you describe.

Here is the photo from the Rolex website: https://imgur.com/a/t42eWPK

Last edited:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
The real black dial has a sunburst effect. I was worried the ARF doesn't have one but clearly it does!
Many thanks for ur vid!
I must say the black is very close to Gen Id say

Correct, I saw the gen last week and it is definitely noticeable goes from black to a really dark grey with light. I would usually never even look twice at a black dial DJ, but this gen looked great with it's black sunburst dial.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hey mates. What do you think about this QC images. Ordered a DJ 41 with a grey dial and oyster bracelet.

Datewheel font and alignment looks good for me. Also the cyclops alignment looks correct. I‘ve ordered some more images. Will update you when the images arrive.

Here is the link: https://imgur.com/a/tQxDjPK

If you don't have a specific concern don't post your QC pics. Please read the rules

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Just realized rehaut engraving is badly aligned on mine and one SEL is crap. Datewheel however looks good and everything else..

So check your QC properly!

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Hi guys apart from looking for date position I'm not sure if this is too bold compared to others etc. Also I've noticed my crown indice is tilted to the left a tad, I'm happy to get in there and correct this but has anyone had experience with moving arf dial markers around? One/two pin construction etc? Otherwise enjoy the sunburst :)
58848ce479c1021a5807b96d55e4a1e1.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lidori

mastercoll

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/4/19
Italy
Hi guys apart from looking for date position I'm not sure if this is too bold compared to others etc. Also I've noticed my crown indice is tilted to the left a tad, I'm happy to get in there and correct this but has anyone had experience with moving arf dial markers around? One/two pin construction etc? Otherwise enjoy the sunburst :)
58848ce479c1021a5807b96d55e4a1e1.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

It seems nice, imo.

I can't understand all these post about the numbers font. These are industrial product in which datawheel are identical per each stock. They aren't manually painted, so which kind of differences are you looking for?