• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
480 dollar watch vs 8000 usd watch

It's a great product - I wanted to compare the two, so thought I'd get one.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
That’s my ARF
371d94686b0768615eb0921dcc30f1e8.jpg

That’s my gen LN, pic from last year
660bb50d23dfff60d8ca9c8b59cf0a73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

doggepe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/16
Anyone know if it would be a hard task to rotate the dial slightly right? I had the luck to get a off center dial once again, was not really noticable in the qc's but extremely easy to see if you look from the 6 clock position. First i thought it was the bezel that didnt line up with 12 correctly, but it is the dial not aligning with the bezel

So crazy annoying, how hard can it be to make a freakin dial straight, really.

Last edited:

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
Anyone know if it would be a hard task to rotate the dial slightly right? I had the luck to get a off center dial once again, was not really noticable in the qc's but extremely easy to see if you look from the 6 clock position. First i thought it was the bezel that didnt line up with 12 correctly, but it is the dial not aligning with the bezel

So crazy annoying, how hard can it be to make a freakin dial straight, really.

Very fucking easy. Excuse my French haha

Unscrew case back, loosen the movement holding screw, slightly turn the whole movement into the direction needed, tighten the movement screws again.

Literally 5 minutes work

Reactions: kaddy

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Unscrew case back, loosen the movement holding screw, slightly turn the whole movement into the direction needed, tighten the movement screws again.

Literally 5 minutes work

If you’re a first timer add 20 minutes to find the movement holder when it pings off and another week to order the movement holder retaining screws which will ping off and never be seen again.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
If you’re a first timer add 20 minutes to find the movement holder when it pings off and another week to order the movement holder retaining screws which will ping off and never be seen again.

lol

hor3pob

31/7/17
Anyone experienced water proofness of the watch :) ? Or anyone know how much it would cost to make it waterproof ?

doggepe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/16

Literally 5 minutes work

I dont know anything about watch movements but doesnt the pin for movement going to the crown have to be in a certain spot so the movement has to be in one position aswell?

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I'm still not convinced of the "over-magnified" argument. It's clear the date numbers looks larger on the ARF vs gen, but the size of the overall date window looks the same.

If you look at the amount of white space outside the date numbers, to me it appears like there is less white space on the ARF, meaning that it seems the ARF datewheel is using a slightly larger font.

Or am I just crazy?

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
The RWI PhDs will see a flaw 30 feet away.

Most of us are not afraid to be called out by a GEN owner because for the most part they are oblivious to the REP game. As a former GEN owner, I was clueless when it came to REPs until I bought one and compared it.

I bought a used SUB at around $250 and at its natural size I could not see the differences. So I sold the GEN. The "hobby" is to have the most perfect representation of a real 116610LN Rolex.

Funny thing is the REAL Rolexes have the same flaws, and none can be said to have been the same exact watch for years of 116610LNs. Dials were different. the Cyclops was smaller than 2.5X on some GENS, The Rehut alignment was not always perfect. I never heard of SELS until RWI so I could not tell the difference there either.

Bottomline is the GEN wearer may not out the REP. But a REP_ wearer WILL easily call out a less than perfect REP on a number of fronts.

I have to assume this is the best the Chinese can do. They know buyers seek perfection and from their standpoint will pay far more for perceived perfection.
Since a Rolex itself is not perfect, I don't think we will ever get a 1:1 REP on the outside. Too many variables.

Abrown3mtg

16/3/17
Mine arrived today along with the sd43. I love it. Absolutley amazing watch. I can't see this one getting called out. I didn't get to qc this watch fortunately the things that mattered to me are in order. There is a small nick on the inside edge of the lug that likely happened when the bracelet was installed but I can live it. I'll bump the watch on my own and this isnt going to be a box queen. Pearl is centered, rehaut and dial are good enough alignment wise and katt can make that better when I have him grease the seals and oil the rotor.

I'll upload photos later the app isnt letting me.

Sent from the RWI App

Abrown3mtg

16/3/17
Pretty pleased on one fact. My colleague (that makes 7 figures a year) who had me piggy back an sd43 with my sub order) was so happy with it that he paid for mine as well. I "saved him" 13k in his opinion. Hopefully he wants to order some more! :D

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Cooldaddyfunk286

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
Has anyone had their watch come with the small crack under the pearl in the recess?