• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Voske

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/17
Small question, am I the only one who sees some irregular reflections around the indexes when you hold the watch under a certain angle and light? It looks that the indexes are pressed just to hard on the dial…
Hope you can understand this because it's almost impossible to capture on a picture...

Thanks!

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I took the ARF, too and changed the crystal to the Prof’s 2xAR xtal.

Great choice, from the pictures I'm seeing the Prof Xtals look amazing. I have on on a AP Offshore and it's incredible.

I put a gen Xtal on my ARF and the new Rolex crystals are bad, the blue hue is really bad and actually makes the date hard to read.

I had a gen Sub from 2017 and that was great so it's gone wrong in the last couple of years.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Small question, am I the only one who sees some irregular reflections around the indexes when you hold the watch under a certain angle and light? It looks that the indexes are pressed just to hard on the dial…
Hope you can understand this because it's almost impossible to capture on a picture...

Thanks!

Not on mine.

boonrofra

25/12/18
Germany
50mf4afae7244e899c1.jpg

boonrofra

25/12/18
Germany
Result of vacuum and pressure measurment with original ARF crystal - simulation 50 meter - both measurements OK !

boonrofra

25/12/18
Germany
Result of vacuum and pressure measurement - with orignal ARF crystal - simulation 100 meter - vacuum measurement failed ! Pressure measurement OK

boonrofra

25/12/18
Germany
My watchsmith will perform same measurements with 2xar crystal with 3mm high gen spec gasket from Steve, soon.

boonrofra

25/12/18
Germany
Just a comparison on water resistance (vacuuum and pressure) between original ARF crystal and 2xar LEC on same case.

Sir Savien

11/1/19
Europe
Just bought one of this beauties, and waiting for it to arrive. :clap:
One question: I red a lot of changing the crystal. Can someone enlight me whats wrong with the original arf crystal, and which one is better?!?!

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
Just bought one of this beauties, and waiting for it to arrive. :clap:
One question: I red a lot of changing the crystal. Can someone enlight me whats wrong with the original arf crystal, and which one is better?!?!

The ARF crystal is better than many other 'factories' but its cyclops AR is a bit weak so the 'black-hole' effect is not as clear as gen. You need to do a side by side comparison to see the difference.

Sir Savien

11/1/19
Europe
Thank you.

Some more questions:
My qc pics were really good. I am aware of the rehaut problem, but that isn't a big deal for me. Also I know that the bezel markers are a bit close to the crystal, but that isn't that bad on my qc pics either. What I am concerned about is the click, since this is the only thing i can't see on pictures. Is it really that bad? I never had a gen Sub in my hand, but I have a gen Tudor Black Bay to compare.
How hard is it to change the click? How do I get the bezel off? I already did that on tons of seikos, but never on a submariner case. And if I want to change it, from where do I get a better click?

Thanks in advance.

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
:giggle:

Here come the click like gen ... :rofl:

There is nothing wrong with the ARF bezel click springs. The design is not exactly like gen but very similar. The only way to upgrade them is buy gen parts.
Believe me, you can not really tell the difference.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Thank you.

Some more questions:
My qc pics were really good. I am aware of the rehaut problem, but that isn't a big deal for me. Also I know that the bezel markers are a bit close to the crystal, but that isn't that bad on my qc pics either. What I am concerned about is the click, since this is the only thing i can't see on pictures. Is it really that bad? I never had a gen Sub in my hand, but I have a gen Tudor Black Bay to compare.
How hard is it to change the click? How do I get the bezel off? I already did that on tons of seikos, but never on a submariner case. And if I want to change it, from where do I get a better click?

Thanks in advance.

spend money to fix other items, like the date wheel...

Sir Savien

11/1/19
Europe
Ok thanks guys, you made me confident, that I like it. I never expected a gen like click, I I just don't want a way to loose bezel action, that would bother me.
The date wheel looks verry good on the pics, I think I won't change anything. It is just a rep, and it will never be perfect. I am just excited how the watch feels, cause this is my first crow rep.