• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Short review:

Positive:
- amazing dial! It wipes the Noob V7 i had completly away.
- amazing hands (they look like gen its just amazing how close they are).
- build Quality.
- SEL are ok
- ceramic Insert cutouts are the best ive ever seen in my life and ive seen a lot of them.
- sync hands.
- brushing is extremly close to gen.

Cons:
- SEL are not 100 % like gen but WAY above Noob V7 and others (in comes extremly close to the the V6S first batch which was fantastic).
- 6 and 9 marker are still not rounded enough
- ceramic insert is a little to whité (but its ok and comes extremly close)
- slightly misaligned cyclops on mine (but its so slightly its hard to even see)
- bracelett fells like cheap crap sorry but its the truth its extremly light and nothing like gen BUT the brushing looks extremly good.
- black hole effect are only visible under electronic light on daylight it looks shitty like all of the other rep crystals, nothing compared to gen.
- the cut outs are a little to deep AND catches dust and shit very quickly
- Datewheel sits a little higher on mine but not really a flaw on the wrist.

Some Notes:
The ARF is freaking amazing, The dial looks like Gen (never seen such a good dial), the hands are even better. The SELs are OK but not 100 % like gen same with the case but on the wrist it comes freakin close. I have a like 30 watches (20 or something replicas) the ARF blows them all away lol its just ridiclious how good the submariner looks.

Ofcourse they are flaws and the indices looks not really close to gen BUT the hands and the printing BLOWS everything ive ever seen on a submariner rep.

Misaligned Cyclops? Not really an issue on the wrist (its so little)
Misaligned Ceramic bezel? Its so minimal you dont spot it (and i have good eyes).

Conclusion:
Buy it! I mean iam a person who is really poiting out flaws and stuff (yes i know iam sometimes a little bit picky) BUT guys this rep even stunned me lol it looks freaking amazing. Every thing i can say dont be to picky! Because the most "flaws" are just a joke you dont see it on the wrist. Iam really surprised on the ARF here ofcourse the insert is a little to white but it has this "gen" platin effect which ive never saw on any noob + the hands have an incredible 3D effect which i only saw on gens. The packing was perfect too! And the brushing looks really good almost gen like.

Pics are coming tomorrow because iam at work but all i can say is what my colleague did say "Since when is Rolex sending watches through mail? Its an expensive watch! How can they do it!" and yes even after i told him its a replica he could not believe it. One note to the black hole effect, sorry guys but it does look cool on electronic light yes BUT on real life light aka sunlight the reflections are way to much and it looks like a normal rep crystal NOTHING like gen sorry but thats the truth.

:)So a little review from me. Maybe i make a ARF vs Regmariner Noob V1 comparison if i have time at the weekend oh btw. dont make a big deal out of the cutouts because they will catch dust and shit so quickly its like on gen lol :D Is it worht 478 dollars? Yes completly! I now can understand why its 100 usd more than the older ones. The whole build quality is amazing in my eyes and blows away my Hublot Steel Ceramic V6.5 and my AP 15400 JF V2 which were extremly good too but this rep is beyond everything i saw until now it comes so freaking close unbelievable.

Good review..you can add as a con..biggest tell...the case...no where close to gen as lugs are fat. Biggest positive..like you had said you don’t have to mod much for it to look decent and pass the first round test, why I bought one. A couple of mods and you’re good to go. Like occb2 and smoke had said from the start....for the hardcore modder buy a V9 to add gen parts. Buy an ARF for a light modder or best out of box and be happy. I did take apart the ARF and it will take some gen parts like insert, bezel, and crystal of course. In fact I took my old V9 crystal and removed the magnifier knowing it did not have he black hole.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Good review..you can add as a con..biggest tell...the case...no where close to gen as lugs are fat. Biggest positive..like you had said you don’t have to mod much for it to look decent and pass the first round test, why I bought one. A couple of mods and you’re good to go. Like occb2 and smoke had said from the start....for the hardcore modder buy a V9 to add gen parts. Buy an ARF for a light modder or best out of box and be happy. I did take apart the ARF and it will take some gen parts like insert, bezel, and crystal of course. In fact I took my old V9 crystal and removed the magnifier knowing it did not have he black hole.

I agree on that i was looking in the mirror and i did notice it directly but actually i didnt buy the V9 because of the bad insert + hands, ARF is miles ahead on this one, i mean sure for modding the V9 is better but iam not a modder and not a fan of modding because i know it myself first its a gen crystal then a gen datewheel, then a gen dial etc etc at the end you have 2000 € and more :D (and pay the watchmaker/modder) its just nothing for me because i want to wear the watches the whole waiting a few month for modding is just not for me, so the ARF is perfect for me :)

And i must add that my hands has a slightly blueish ton (like the dial) which you can only spot with the right lighting but the lume is the same like on the other indices so no idea how that is even possible but both hour and second hand looks a little blueish but it could also be a light reflection from the steel itself (would that be make sense? no idea) but like i said its not an issue just to add it to the list.

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I agree on that i was looking in the mirror and i did notice it directly but actually i didnt buy the V9 because of the bad insert + hands, ARF is miles ahead on this one, i mean sure for modding the V9 is better but iam not a modder and not a fan of modding because i know it myself first its a gen crystal then a gen datewheel, then a gen dial etc etc at the end you have 2000 € and more :D (and pay the watchmaker/modder) its just nothing for me because i want to wear the watches the whole waiting a few month for modding is just not for me, so the ARF is perfect for me :)

I’m a noob modder myself, self taught by reading a lot here in tech section, YouTube, rwg, and RG.. There is a lot of folks on here who are very good at modding and are a great resource to turn to with issues. Everyone’s been great when you ask for help, great community. Whatever cash I’ve put in the watch I’ve always sold back for, not lose money, as I learned to mod for myself only. Trick is just to start and investing in some good tools. I can see if you want to just wear a rep..but as time continues you start to see flaws. Most of the time, the flaw is from within yourself, as 99% of the world has no clue. It’s a hobby...A great one too.

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
Thanks mate
I've measured the diameter of the bezzels with a ruler (on my PC screen) - is it possible that the angle of the picture makes such a difference?

measuring on a screen will not work.. there are too many factors to think about

Reactions: superomarson

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
This is why you learn to mod..or at least get handy...my ARF bracelet..brand new...after a baby oil bath for 24 hrs

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
This is why you learn to mod..or at least get handy...my ARF bracelet..brand new...after a baby oil bath for 24 hrs

Out of curisity, what did you use to stick the bracelet back together, I've notice some wiggle on my links and I'm assuming this might happen soon. Also why the baby oil?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
pictures angles have a lot to do with it.
my arf has perfect (near as can be ) LUGS SEL
maybe depends on what u get

No i saw a lot of ARFs here and on ther threads they look all wrong my SEL are pefectly curved with the case aswell but the whole shape of the case is completly wrong compared to Gen. But would a gen owner spot it? I don't think so.

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Out of curisity, what did you use to stick the bracelet back together, I've notice some wiggle on my links and I'm assuming this might happen soon. Also why the baby oil?

Baby oil to loosen the bracelet...feels like gen and much smoother for operation. I just used super glue to hold together. Quick, strong hold, and fast drying.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Baby oil to loosen the bracelet...feels like gen and much smoother for operation. I just used super glue to hold together. Quick, strong hold, and fast drying.

I think I'll do this one mine then, thank you. Do you know if the oil possibly caused corrosion on the adhesive already used? I figured it was just spring bars holding it together.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I think I'll do this one mine then, thank you. Do you know if the oil possibly caused corrosion on the adhesive already used? I figured it was just spring bars holding it together.

I think it should be ok..if it does loosen just redo. I fixed mine after I soaked it in oil for 24 hours. I noticed it was loose when I got the watch. The oil must have loosened it more..which is good...then I just glued, applied pressure for 15+ minutes and reinstalled. No big deal.