• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116234 bezel VS gen

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
4.4grams is a too-tiny weight for 116234 gen bezel to me. The seller seems to have 16234 whitegold bezels weighing 4.5g and similar weights. I’d expect those for smaller 16234 only. And I’m not an expert but yours straight away looked like 16234 to me, easily. I keep wondering if your model number was just misdescribed by mistake in the ad is all. The amount of material physically making up your bezel isn’t enough in looks or in weight. To me a 116234 should be much bulkier in ok condition. And it looks like the material you’re missing is from the underside of the bezel. So it can’t be lightweight because maybe grams have been polished and scratched away like mad of something from the underside of a bezel that nobody touches? It looks lightweight because it’s shaped with less bulk at the back like 16234. I wish I wasn’t typing from a little phone - I’d try and condense my nonsense message if I could see the screen ;) but to me: just a little misdescribed model by error I’m feeling. Might affect your build’s looks. I’m worried about how the crystal and gasket might protrude from the bezel and look a bit unusual if we don’t figure out whatchu got going on. Hope someone knows more to solve it :)

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
slackervibes Oh, I bet yours is all great! :) and just for me it’s a good easy swap and I know a few guys here who did the same - it just fit their watches great.
Is there anything about the appearance of your watch now that it’s all finished that you’d like to aim to improve even moreso if you could, or are you feeling real happy about it’s current looks? (I ask because I wonder if I could talk to you about xtal gasket heights or tiny easy tweaks - or if it’s already looking totally A1 and making you happy. Would be so cool to see what yours is like. Come PM me?)
I’ve not got a spare gen 116234 bezel. I wish I did to offer it up. Saw one on eBay (EU) blistered recently at a slightly less than skyscraper price probably still on there. I’d bought mine with light scatches though, that puppy’s a little gently used. £300 or so felt good to me.
But I’ll be keeping the ARF stock bezel on the second DJ watch I’ll build tomorrow. I enjoy the stock bezel looks enough, pretty much.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
slackervibes any changes could be tiny and easy though - So don’t worry about it. I’ve loved playing with combos over here until I see what I enjoy the absolute most. Sod buying another bezel altogether. ;) Themz be pricey as heck. Small tweaks if any at all lol

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Hi, I have ARF 116234 fluted bezels and gen 116234 fluted bezel here. Your bezel definitely isn’t a gen 116234 job. I noticed straight away from the pic. It should be as ‘tall’ as the ARF Bezel’s depth not shallow like that. Does look like a bezel for an older model rather than six digit. But if you can, please may you update us on how things will work along with the install. I can’t imagine how it’ll be yet with the crystal gasket and xtal on a shorter, lightweight fluted bezel. Want things to work out for ya! Please keep us updated to see if we can get you fixed up with anything that’ll work out nice.
D’you know yet which crystal gasket you had planned to use for your build boss? ARF stock gasket or a gen gasket from which type of blister pack please?

Can you please upload a photo of your arf and gen 116234 bezel please?

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Hi, I have ARF 116234 fluted bezels and gen 116234 fluted bezel here. Your bezel definitely isn’t a gen 116234 job. I noticed straight away from the pic. It should be as ‘tall’ as the ARF Bezel’s depth not shallow like that. Does look like a bezel for an older model rather than six digit. But if you can, please may you update us on how things will work along with the install. I can’t imagine how it’ll be yet with the crystal gasket and xtal on a shorter, lightweight fluted bezel. Want things to work out for ya! Please keep us updated to see if we can get you fixed up with anything that’ll work out nice.
D’you know yet which crystal gasket you had planned to use for your build boss? ARF stock gasket or a gen gasket from which type of blister pack please?

Can you please upload a photo of your arf and gen 116234 bezel please? I cant see how a gen bezel will be the same height as arf as arf are really thick and tall.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
frankdux1987 Why do you think a gen 116234 bezel shouldn't also be tall like ARF?
I agree that a genuine one will be a little slimmer in it's profile when viewing the watch-face face on yeah.
But in depth - Your bezel had an obvious lack of material visible to me by far in it's depth, and it probably does indeed weigh only 4.4g like the guy's advert. I would only expect that ridiculously light weight, and that short bezel height to be like the 16234 bezels he is also selling. To me, if it was described as for 116234 model, I would feel like there was a small mistake in his listing. That's all.

Anyways, I don't want to talk too much, I was just struck on thinking I don't want you to be disappointed by the look of your watch if you use that bezel. I don't know if your xtal gasket will look rotten for showing too much etc. I hope you enjoy whatever you do.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
also - I'd love to take a pic for you dude, Just don't have the watch on me right now. I'll bookmark your name and know to send you a quick pic if I have the watch back, if that's okay, compared with those rep ARF types I have. Hope it'll turn out really cool regardlessly (I bet it will). I just didn't want for you to have a tricky time with the bezel if you weren't seeing what I see and others on this page coincidently and it could be something as simple as that seller putting the model number down incorrectly for you, because he sells such a range of them, small error. Thanks :) Hope it's a special watch to come

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
You could get your bezel weighed. If it’s around 4.4g (I think it will be. It looks that small) ask the seller that at 4.4g: surely it’s for 16234 and (looks like a 16234 bezel too). He sells 16234 with weights listed and the 116234 with weights listed.. it should be obvious to him if there was a mistake in his description or if it’s fine and for some other reason your bezel is short looking. Mine was just a scratch under 6grams for 116234) I think. 4.4g is very 16234-like.

Shany

24/6/19
holy**** kerushi you Are on talking spree hahaha
Thx for Your input but would you mind posting arf plus gen bezel for 6 digit dj?116234

Shany

24/6/19
Thx for Your input but would you mind posting arf plus gen bezel for 6 digit dj?116234

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Haha, I’m sorry - there was some Tapatalk error for me on the forum. So it kept saying my message hadn’t posted. Was typing like crazy when I got a chance to hope to reply. I don’t have the gear on me to take a photo right now. What does a pic of your watch look like?

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK

I give up with using my phone to type man haha. I’m going to stop posting in this thread.

I just think a genuine bezel is a sweet worthwhile mod for an ARF DJ, in it’s shape. Colourtone between ARF and gen bezel is, to me, the same. but I find the ARF fluted bezel beautiful enough in it’s flutes angles to be fine for my other watches, without splashing out on another bezel. Face on when we look at these modified datejusts the ARF bezel is more broad than the genuine bezel. Still beautiful. But broader.
But side view of the watch, the angles etc feel very similar to the rep so that chappy’s photo just made me worry if he was sold something that just had a listing error of the model it was for. After then I saw all y’alls comments who maybe saw similar.
Too much talk from me. Let’s get more babies built :)))

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18

You said you have arf and genuine 116234 there with you, so post a photo of them

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
photo of my watch as requested. With the gen bezel balanced on top of the diamond bezel

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
If the bezel weighs 4.4 grams it may be a genuine bezel but it is not the correct one for the 116234 reference but rather for an older reference.

Weight really is the best measure to determine to which reference the fluted bezels are correct for.

The weight for 116234 would be 6 grams.

I am 100 percent sure since I have had several ARF 116234 Frankens build with a genuine bezel. It was important for me not to mix parts from incorrect references.

Its very hard to find a correct fluted bezel since older ones also have the two rolex crown coronet stamps on the back and can easily be mistaken. If you want to be sure it is correct, ask the seller next time to weigh it. If he is legit he will have no problem doing it.

Last edited:

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
Yep that’s not for a 116234, it’s a bezel from a 5 digit definitely

Reactions: gamba66

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Yes i think you guys are right thanks. The seller was selling around 5 of these bezels listed as 116234. He has since changed all the listings to 16234, so i have put in a returns request on ebay

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
If the bezel weighs 4.4 grams it may be a genuine bezel but it is not the correct one for the 116234 reference but rather for an older reference.

Weight really is the best measure to determine to which reference the fluted bezels are correct for.

The weight for 116234 would be 6 grams.

I am 100 percent sure since I have had several ARF 116234 Frankens build with a genuine bezel. It was important for me not to mix parts from incorrect references.

Its very hard to find a correct fluted bezel since older ones also have the two rolex crown coronet stamps on the back and can easily be mistaken. If you want to be sure it is correct, ask the seller next time to weigh it. If he is legit he will have no problem doing it.

Cheers mate do you have any photos of your arf 116234's with gen bezel? Havent seen any on here yet, be nice to see how mine will turn out eventually thanks

Reactions: gamba66