• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are you a strap purist?

JoSha

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/22
London UK
Do you prefer divers to be on dive-safe (or waterproof) straps and bracelets, or are you happy rocking a non-WR leather strap on your desk divers?

How do you feel about rally straps worn on a diver, or a basic 3-hand everyday watch? Or bracelets on a dressier chronograph, one with Breguet hands or IWC-style?

And what about bund straps on non-pilot/field type watches?

Any preferences for staying in the same styles as the OEM strap/bracelet?

Personally I can't get past wanting the strap to be "as one" with the watch's type or function, with the exception of dressier divers. I briefly owned an Invicta Sub homage and wore that on a medium padded leather strap, and I admire the "dgaf" look of an SKX on a worn tan leather nato but I don't know if I could pull that off, I wear my SKX on a basic nylon nato.

I never wear bracelets because they feel too confining, and would feel as weird wearing a rubber strap with everyday clothing as I would popping on a formal suit with a pair of dive flippers for shoes. But I don't think I'm "right" here, it's just a preference. ;)

Curious about other people's views on the purism thing?