• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are we ever going to see a GOOD Monaco?

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Square watches are not normally my thing, but I want a GOOD, blue face, Steve McQueen, Heuer Monaco rep REALLY bad!

AND NO QUARTZ!!!

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
please please please, this is the watch to have, i have a gen black face and i love it.
a blue face or limt edt dial would be fantastic
we need to sort out how we can get this done

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
vdubpower said:
Good luck bulk buying 2894 movements. :O

Seconds at three reps will never be made as the 2894s are simply too damned expensive.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
pugwash said:
vdubpower said:
Good luck bulk buying 2894 movements. :O

Seconds at three reps will never be made as the 2894s are simply too damned expensive.

Asian Movement...?

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Narikaa brought something with him... is it asian automatic or quartz?

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
piratedzeus said:
pugwash said:

Asian Movement...?
I don't think any exist. I'm certain none exist in the right size.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
piratedzeus said:
Narikaa brought something with him... is it asian automatic or quartz?
Working chronos? Seconds at three? Quartz.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
pugwash said:
piratedzeus said:
pugwash said:

Asian Movement...?
I don't think any exist. I'm certain none exist in the right size.

I know. But they also created the secs @ 6... so why no secs @ 3?

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
piratedzeus said:
I know. But they also created the secs @ 6... so why no secs @ 3?
How reliable is seconds-at-six? How much thicker did they have to make it? Where did the datewheel go?

The 2894 is a slim movement with date. If you add the transfer wheels to the already too thick 7750, you would lose the date and make it even thicker.

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
I wouldn't even care if the subdials were switches.

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
for gods sake the chinese can replicate anything pretty much 1 to 1. i know for sure my timewalker is spot on to the gen. so why the hey cant they just rep that movement. lets get this project going

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I have one with non-working chronos....it's pretty damn accurate, blue dial....nice heavy constuction...I think it's an Asian movement.....bracelet is great too.....can't post pics right now because I'm at work...PM me for the email of the dealer..... :wink: :wink:

freddyd74

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/07
Monaco

there are some nice looking reps available but they are either quartz or have faux chronos

there are a few listed in CQout.com the european auction site

there are a few with just seconds at 6 ie not chronos which I believe are close to the gen.\

if anyone finds better, i would be interested as well as this has been one of my favorite watches for a while

-Freddy

ken1

18/3/07
i'd rather have it have quartz movement than faux chronos. what if someone decides to ask you to see the timing function? the for sure tell in a chrono watch is if the chronos work or not.

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
but the second hand doesn't sweep....without someone asking....IMO

ken1

18/3/07
there are some quartz chronos that sweep. ive seen one in seikos but not sure of the battery life or if any other manufacturers make them.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
ken1 said:
there are some quartz chronos that sweep. ive seen one in seikos but not sure of the battery life or if any other manufacturers make them.
:shock:

There are no quartz movements that sweep the second hand, apart experimental stepper motor ones that chewed through batteries. The nearest is the Spring Drive, but it's not really quartz or cheap.