• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Archie Luxury's take on replica watches

crossbones

I'm Pretty Popular
3/6/10
He's a genuine idiot trust me. I have had the misfortune to run across the guy for realz.
He's a mid tier IT spanner monkey with expensive tastes and very little class.

Oh come on Col!

You met the guy in person? You gotta tell us more...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I ran into him at an AD in town, he was giving them the benefit of his knowledge.
Funnily enough they didn't appear to be all that grateful. The guy is a 24k solid gold wanker. In reality he knows bugger all, he just sprouts bullshit. After he left the sales girl (whom I knew) looked at me and said "He really is a cock, isn't he?"

The staff in this particular AD are well trained, they know their product and for most of them fine watches are more than just a job. hHe was treating them like grade schoolers.
"You probably wouldn't know it but this watch has bla bla bla and is bla bla bla" He even introduced himself as Archie Luxury and flipped the manager a card with that on it. Since this is the only real high end AD in town this surprised me as I'd assume he'd been there before, the manager said "Yes, but he still produces a card every time he comes in, pompous little prick". I have a rough idea of his wage bracket and he can't possibly own more than a fraction of the goods you see in his videos let alone the watches. That 100k of LV baggage piled up at the start of the clips would be eight months worth of earnings at least.

I laughed when he promoted his "An evening with Archie Luxury" event at a valley eatery and no one paid the 60 bucks to turn up. He just doesn't understand that people think he's a sad joke, he thinks he's a highly regarded legend. If he was truly a rich pompous ass I could forgive him but he's not, he's a middle class wannabe and everyone knows it but him.

mianos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/11
He is a true wanker but I like his videos, they are so ridiculous I laugh my head off.

cratedroppers

12/9/11
He talks in third person jesus christ! And this video oh lord :picard:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxHvZ8vBzXI&feature=plcp"]Serious Investor Wanted for the ArchieLuxury Channel - YouTube[/ame]

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
:rofl: :facepalm: :rofl:

Invest in Archie? :lol:

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
they all keep talking about children in sweatshops as if they actually care! matter of fact, alot of legal companies are more guilty of using sweat shops than replica makers. there was a point where chinese workers who made apple products were committing public suicide to protest their treatment. so should we stop buying ipods?? its all selective morals being preached by "archie" and these anti-replica brigades.

ive spoken with people who are like the td for replica shoes and they all say the same thing. they make more money by selling a $40 replica shoes than they did when they worked in a factory that makes the same authentic shoes that sold for up to $200. so replicas put more money in the pockets of the ordinary china man pockets than authentics do.

Repo

28/2/12
Not that I am interested. But why can't he make a normal youtube videos instead of those Osama Bin Laden tapes, including the bad audio.

A) because he doesn't have the equipment, or
B) he doesn't want people to see his crappy appartment?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
A), and also he's not very good at what he does. Sound level control looks to be beyond his capabilities. I've made better videos with a Nokia N70

Mark9117

31/5/12
Ah! Archibold Luxury Yacht, aspirant to the uppercrust. I love his stuff. Hours of fun.

Let's unpack this latest video, shall we?

Let's pick up at the three-minute mark for Archie's reaction to that fascinating "advertisement" that he found while trolling the Interwebz.

"When my friend told me about his dream to own a Patek Philippe watch, my first task was to gather as much information about them as possible."

Archie finds this a "******* weird reaction." Why in the world would someone want to gather information about something they were interested in spending a lot of money on?! What are they thinking? If you have to learn about something, you obviously are not wealthy and upper-crusty enough to warrant ownership of such a thing. How dare they!

Archie next points out that it's hard to get a catalog from Patek. Evidently, you have to send a liveried manservant bearing your embossed calling card and letters of marque on a monogrammed silver tray directly to their offices in Geneva so that they can physically hand one of their gold-plated catalogs made from the hides of the DoDo bird and bound in human skin to a living human being who is responsible for transporting it to his master. It's not like you can look up their online catalog on the Internet or something.

"What eventually held him from buying one what it's high cost. No shit Sherlock!"

No shit Sherlock? What is it with all these "luxury" goods? It's like they're priced so that only the really welathy can afford them?

"He goes on to make out like the replicas are as finely crafted as the originals. What absolute shit!"

Well Archie, you've certainly got a point there.

"I mean I don't hear is the mention of child labor sweatshops, I don't hear the mention of obnoxious fakes . . . it's just a really weird ******* creepy thing to say."

Yeah, I kind of doubt these watches are assembled in sweatshops by 12-year-old Chinese girls. Of course, I could be wrong.

As for the obnoxious fakes, yep, they're out there. Guys who want you to believe that they are actually worth the $27,000 Patek Philippe on their wrist, the $250,000 Lamborghini Gallardo in their driveway, or the surgically enhanced, fine-looking woman on their couch. So, I guess that does bear mentioning.

As for creepy things to say, the world of luxury is full of that sort of thing -- "I enjoy firing people," "I'm not worried at all about the poor," "Ann drives a couple of Cadillacs," "corporations are people too, my friend." And those are just a few examples from one, single wealthy hoser. Dress like a gardener and sneak onto any property in the Hamptons this summer and I'll bet you'll hear stuff that makes your head 'assplode.

Quick aside: listening to the mispronunciation of "hexagonal" almost made me spit diet Dr. Pepper all over my keyboard.

In fact, listening to Archie read the rest of this stuff was beautiful. I kept expecting him to mention the "multi-purpose crystal." I honestly believe he found a Chinese rep site and culled some of the more literate Engrish propaganda off of it.

"Ninety-five percent of people don't even know what the **** a real Royal Oak Audemars Piguet is!"

I suspect Archy may be highballing that figure. It's probably more like 99.8% of people who wouldn't know a genuine Audemars Piguet from a genuine two inch stainless steel hexnut. And that's probably all as it should be.

And finally:

"******* ****!"

Pretty much sums it all up. for me.

Again, I get a huge kick out of Archie and can't wait for his next Youtube extravaganza.

Diego UK, thanks so much for sharing that.

Ta-ta!

constantwatch

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/11
"Put a blow in your pocket? Child labor? Hexnagol?"

This gay pedophile is on crack! There is no child labor involved in the production of replicas. What a douchebag! He doesn't have the brains that God gave goats.

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
He's a pompous jackass but he's good for a laugh.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
"Put a blow in your pocket? Child labor? Hexnagol?"

This gay pedophile is on crack! There is no child labor involved in the production of replicas. What a douchebag! He doesn't have the brains that God gave goats.
il tell you what if there are kids in china skillful enough to make a breguet grande complication then america and europe has more to worry about than we think. only a matter of time before their landing on pluto :maty:

gtwc

16/7/10
That's 7 1/2 mins of my life I will never get back.
But....I love Archie (loads of his vids on RWG)
and, sorry Txrob779 but the swearing is part of his charm (you should be used to it on RWG).

Archie for a moderator !!!!!

rols16610

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/4/12
this is the first one of this guys videos I have seen, what a tool.

Debre

23/1/12
He probably used a replica Sennheiser microphone in making the video 'cause the sound hurts my ears....:cry:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
See I hate cursing too but he is so over the top, it's funny to me. Like him or hate him, he's still a charmer. ;) He ain't real pleasing to the camera either. lol

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Just saw the video. He is obviously looking to get a rise out of people. I would dare say that more than half the people on RWI make more money than he does. So he can kindly go STFU.