• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AR+F Daytona 126500 movement details

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Hi all,

I was preparing the gen comparison post of CF4131, thought it would be good to have another reference so I bought AR+F Daytona with ‘DD4131’. It turned out it’s not a true clone movement.

It was modified from DD4801 movement which was made for their own brand watches.(link from Dandong Peacock movement factory: https://www.peacockwatch.com/product/231.html)

4801 has the same functions as 4130, it’s a bit thicker than 4130 and has 55 hour power reserve while 4130 has 65h PR. The oscillating rotor of DD4130 can wind both sides, but 4801 only winds in one direction and it’s louder when it turns. The price of 4801 is 200$ less than 4130, we didn’t know the stability of 4801, so I will leave it to others who bought this watch.

From what AR+F advertised in their poster, this watch would have true clone 1:1 movement, matched weight, buff hands and Swiss lume powder. It charged the same as DD4130 panda, but provided me with what I wasn’t expected. I would be more pleased if they charge normally and tell me the truth.

Since these pictures will never show in the official comparison post, I can at least let people know what they are buying. I will probably piss off AR+, but who cares, I paid.

Thanks for watching my nonsense, I will see you soon in the CF4131 post

Ctime

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Interesting, thank you for all the work you put in !
Basically this will be ok if the price will reflect what’s inside :)
Good finding

Reactions: CTime

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Dear @CTime

One again you did give us insights not comparable with other TDs. Thank you very much for this informations.
On the other side we all have to be fair and not forget that Clean/ZZF did not tell us the truth about their watches in 316L as they sold them as 904L steel back in the days. There is no factory that isnt 1% Shady in my opinion...

Reactions: CTime and flashu

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
Thank you so much for this information! Such information saves newcomers like myself from being "duped". Respect.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Hi all,

I was preparing the gen comparison post of CF4131, thought it would be good to have another reference so I bought AR+F Daytona with ‘DD4131’. It turned out it’s not a true clone movement.

It was modified from DD4801 movement which was made for their own brand watches.(link from Dandong Peacock movement factory: https://www.peacockwatch.com/product/231.html)

4801 has the same functions as 4130, it’s a bit thicker than 4130 and has 55 hour power reserve while 4130 has 65h PR. The oscillating rotor of DD4130 can wind both sides, but 4801 only winds in one direction and it’s louder when it turns. The price of 4801 is 200$ less than 4130, we didn’t know the stability of 4801, so I will leave it to others who bought this watch.

From what AR+F advertised in their poster, this watch would have true clone 1:1 movement, matched weight, buff hands and Swiss lume powder. It charged the same as DD4130 panda, but provided me with what I wasn’t expected. I would be more pleased if they charge normally and tell me the truth.

Since these pictures will never show in the official comparison post, I can at least let people know what they are buying. I will probably piss off AR+, but who cares, I paid.

Ctime
Just like that, you killed a major chunk of arf sales. Bravo!

Thank you for always providing us with valuable information.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Just like that, you killed a major chunk of arf sales.
Gun Shoot GIF by BrownSugarApp

• Haha

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi all,

Ctime

Thanks s lot for the pics and info, this kind of documentation is always valuable and welcome.

I think we should wait and see how these movements hold up before reigning down hate on them. The gen 4131/2 does have a few design differences that this rep movement copied, so I don't think calling it a true clone is that much of a stretch. After all no rep movement has a free sprung balance and many are touted as true clones.

This 4131 is made by DD which has a great reputation so I'm thinking this movement might have some good potential. You can see that the parts look a little less robust and less well finished but the overall design is identical to their tried and true DD4130 with the minor exceptions noted to match the new 4131.

The thing about this AR+F model that totally sucks is that they're charging the same price as if it had a DD4130. This is ofc highway robbery and is an instant dealbreaker. For $200 less, and with the new 2023 dial and bezel, this model might well be a good buy.

BTW the gen 4131 models (except Platona) have tungsten rotors to make up for the skeletonizing. Wonder what these DD4131s have? Who doesn't remember the ARF slim 7750 autowind problems due to their light rotors?

Last edited:

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
BTW the gen 4131 models (except Platona) have tungsten rotors to make up for the skeletonizing.
What? I've read about 30 articles on the new movement and nowhere does it say that. Brand new to me.

Where did you hear that?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
What? I've read about 30 articles on the new movement and nowhere does it say that. Brand new to me.

Where did you hear that?
It makes sense, you can't just remove half the material and expect the same performance. Nor would it be probable for there to be two otherwise identical movements with greatly different rotor weights (gold rotor in the Platonas).

I think you need to log in to an account to even read posts. Not sure as I have one.

Last edited:
Reactions: muiramas and Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
It makes sense, you can't just remove half the material and expect the same performance. Nor would it be probable for there to be two like models with greatly different rotor weights (gold rotor in the Platonas).

I think you need to log in to an account to even read posts. Not sure as I have one.
Interesting 🤔

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Tudor use tungsten rotors as well. Same reason.

I saw the rotor of the ARF free spinning in a video so knew it was either broken or it only wound half the time. If it barely winds the other way then the watch is basically a hand cranker.

It’s crap.

Reactions: KJ2020