• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquaracer 500m - SW200- QC PICS

Ruma

Horology Curious
8/12/10
I couldn't resist and ordered one of this, Tag Aquaracer with the new SW200 Sellita movement, what do you think?
whistling.gif

Here's my contribution:

P1200629.jpg

aqua.jpg

P1200631.jpg

P1200632.jpg

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
...Looks ok to me too...only advice I'd give you is to get it on stainless and buy the rubber as an extra, it usually works out cheaper that way and gives you a strap change option. That is, if funds allow...;)

D

d4m.test

I have the gen of this, but quartz, w/ s/s & blue face. Yours looks VERY close to my gen! IMHO, an EXCELLENT rep! Wear it well! BTW, from whom did you order this??

dave

Ruma

Horology Curious
8/12/10
This rep is available in most of the trusted dealers (with the eta ETA 2824-2 or asian clone movement).

With this swiss sellita movement it's not available in any of the trusty yet so this one came from Josh @ Perfect Clones.

omegazzz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/09
this has got to be the closest thing to the real thing, in fact, I'd go as far as saying this is the real thing! heck it has the real movement !

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Watches with Sellita movements should not cost more than with ETA.
I tend to prefer these when available, as there is less doubts about it being Swiss.
Nice rep, and indeed only the black dial is worth.

Gooner4_1998

Horology Curious
17/1/11
I may be wrong but shouldn't the SW-200 movement have a swirl effect on the back like the gen?

Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks

d-rock

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/10
How does the date mag look?? None of the pics here or on the Dealer sites seem to show a straight on view of the date through cyclops. I really like the date at the 9 position. Congrats.

Ruma

Horology Curious
8/12/10
I may be wrong but shouldn't the SW-200 movement have a swirl effect on the back like the gen?

Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks

I think it should but I haven't received yet so I don't know if the piece I ordered has it or if all sellita movements should have the swirl effect in the movement plates.

In the sellita website the movement has the swirl effect:

sw200_verso_big.jpg

But I've seen also a variation of his movement (gold plated without swirl) in the Invicta ProDiver 4469:

SN202165.jpg

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
I don't particularly like that Invicta, but I do like the new Tag you're getting, congrats! That one is on my list!

Ruma

Horology Curious
8/12/10
The watch arrived and I can confirm that the movement has the pearl pattern in the plates even though it doesn't seem in the QC Pics.

xeneize

Horology Curious
10/7/08
...Looks ok to me too...only advice I'd give you is to get it on stainless and buy the rubber as an extra, it usually works out cheaper that way and gives you a strap change option. That is, if funds allow...;)

I actually thought about doing this, and talked to Andrew about it. He quoted me an extra US$58.00 for the rubber strap, but I'm not sure.
How easy do you guys think it is to exchange the straps?
On a different note, does anyone know of anybody in the continental US who could waterproof my Aquaracer Daydate?
Thanks

needawatch

Horology Curious
15/1/11
I really like the Tag 500m. I've looked through all of the dealers on this site as well as on other forum sites.

http://www.repgeek.com/redirector.php?url=http://www.hontwatch.comHont has a 500m, Asian 21j that has an good price.

http://www.hontwatch.com/productdetails_877.html

Other than the movement and the glass being mineral crystal, is it likely that the rest of this watch is of the same quality as the more expensive movements on other dealer pages or is there a potential that there are other quality differences as well?

I wish I could afford the one in this thread...

Thanks