• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut Showdown: V6F vs ZF vs KMF exhaustive review

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Hey guys, I'm considering the ZF to be my next purchase down the line - but seeing as to how my wrist is quite small at 6.25 inches, is there a point in the rubber strap where if you cut it too much, it messes with the fit of the watch? I'm not sure about how bendy the rep strap is.

Reactions: pip72

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Hey guys, I'm considering the ZF to be my next purchase down the line - but seeing as to how my wrist is quite small at 6.25 inches, is there a point in the rubber strap where if you cut it too much, it messes with the fit of the watch? I'm not sure about how bendy the rep strap is.

The strap is very flexible and comfortable, it also curves downwards at the lugs for a more contoured fit. You should be fine cutting it to fit your 6.25" wrist , just remember to proceed with patience.

Cut conservatively, try it on to test the fit, then cut some more. Do not try to cut it all at once as this is how most people overshoot and end up cutting it too tight. (I have also made this mistake..)

pip72

21/2/19

I have a 6" wrist and I measured mine by wrapping the strap around joining both ends of the strap at where they both touched ends touched together. Make sure that you cut the strap perfectly straight I cut my strap slightly off angle and the calatrava butterfly clasp does not intersect perfectly. The strap is pretty bendy but I don't know about stretchy.

Reactions: roflwaffles

atespo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/06
USA
So if I want an out of the box grey dial, and plan to fit an updated date wheel in it, is the ZF the way to go? I’ve read multiple threads and posts about what factory is better and I’m still so confused lol. I think it’s ZF with the upgraded date wheel, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pip72

21/2/19
Why did you choose a PF? Let's see it!

I chose the PF because at the time I didn't know any better, the dial was missing "Swiss Made" at the 6 O'clock and also the luminescent stick marker indices above the roman numerals were missing the white gold encasement around them. Also this dial (ZF) is a darker more richer blue and turns black when reflected an certain angles more closer to the genuine one. The thickness of the Aquanaut PF is 8.50 which is pretty close to the Gen which is 8.25 I measured with my calipers because the website was wrong and said 9.00 which was incorrect. The movement has all the original brushing and marking and looks exactly the gen even including the rotor being. the ZF dial was a little bit to big as far as the diameter goes so there is little or no space between the sick markers and the dial ring it's pretty flush. I also had the updated DW installed with centered numerals and the larger font that fits the numerals perfectly in the window.

SamBarker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/19
Which dial from TD’s is the closest to gen? Black or grey?

Last edited:

Seamaster3459

28/11/18
I so appreciate this review and the effort it took to post. I own the ZF and I’m pleased with the dial (which makes the lume worth it). Cheers!