• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF just released their AP 15500 with SA4302 Super Clone Movement!!!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
While doing my last review, I've noticed that the straps are quite loose and there's a big gap on the first link to the case of the watch.

I'm not sure if it is just because of the way the watch is held.
Here is a pic of my gen. There is a necessary gap between the case and first link edges too. As to the difference (if any) I’ll leave it to you to judge and accept.

It’s always good not to get hung up on small details and realize that nobody in this world can spend $500 to get an Audemars Piguet watch. But what you can get, is really good imho.

kokikoki

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/8/22
Reactions: Allure

kokikoki

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/8/22
Just an update regarding the wrongly placed case back bezel, JTime's time is kind enough to rotate it for me.

Gave already the GL.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just an update regarding the wrongly placed case back bezel, JTime's time is kind enough to rotate it for me.

Gave already the GL.

Just a minor trivia: only the 15500s produced in the first couple of batches in 2019 has the K series serial number. The rest all have random double letter prefixes.
Over time, the black dial has also been updated subtly in terms of the lightening of the color and the slightly better finish. My second and current black dial 15500 looks different from the first one I purchased, in that it has a more charcoal hue as opposed to black, and a little bit more sunburst. These could also be attributed to batch differences. I do not have a meaningful sample size to say for sure and can only surmise based on my limited experience.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
While doing my last review, I've noticed that the straps are quite loose and there's a big gap on the first link to the case of the watch.

I'm not sure if it is just because of the way the watch is held.

Already asked another angle to check the if the straps are really loose.

Aside from that, I've noticed that the dial is showing too much shine though I like the way it is.

Here is another picture on a different angle.

Without those gaps the bracelet couldn't firmly encompass a small wrist. Nevertheless, the width of the gaps may inversely influence the wearability and the aesthetics of the watch.

Reactions: kokikoki

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Without those gaps the bracelet couldn't firmly encompass a small wrist. Nevertheless, the width of the gaps may inversely influence the wearability and the aesthetics of the watch.
The gaps between the case and bracelet edges are a structural necessity.
The question is how much gap is acceptable to each individual. It may be helpful to always remember that gaps exist in the gen too, just like they do between the ROO case and straps edges for the gen, and one which some members like to complain about.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
15510 custom dials have started
Base used is APSF 15500
z6lu41.jpg

z6lsyv.jpg

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
15510 custom dials have started
Base used is APSF 15500
z6lu41.jpg

z6lsyv.jpg
I believe this is not as well made as expected. The green one is totally off. I want to hear others' opinions and thus started a new thread about it.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
I believe this is not as well made as expected. The green one is totally off. I want to hear others' opinions and thus started a new thread about it.
Both are totally off
Except the color the dial cubes are very small with big gap between them

Reactions: legend

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
Reactions: Erinoush

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
those protection stickers looks like sh*t,sorry :eek:
Having been here for almost 10 years, you should know by now that such comments serve no purpose and contribute nothing.
Anyone can be a disrespectful dick, you have achieved that without even trying, that is how easy it is. Try to rise way above that and contribute positively.
As for putting protection stickers on watches, I don't expect you to understand, it is a matter of personal preferences and almost exclusively a practice done for gen watches. So you will not have any experience with that. But if you want to continue posting in this section, keep your comments polite. The section has just undergone an attitude reform and I will not have it sullied by meaningless and unhelpful comments like that. You are welcome to stay away if something offends your eyes.

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
Having been here for almost 10 years, you should know by now that such comments serve no purpose and contribute nothing.
Anyone can be a disrespectful dick, you have achieved that without even trying, that is how easy it is. Try to rise way above that and contribute positively.
As for putting protection stickers on watches, I don't expect you to understand, it is a matter of personal preferences and almost exclusively a practice done for gen watches. So you will not have any experience with that. But if you want to continue posting in this section, keep your comments polite. The section has just undergone an attitude reform and I will not have it sullied by meaningless and unhelpful comments like that. You are welcome to stay away if something offends your eyes.
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Pure78

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
Certified
23/2/22
The gaps between the case and bracelet edges are a structural necessity.
The question is how much gap is acceptable to each individual. It may be helpful to always remember that gaps exist in the gen too, just like they do between the ROO case and straps edges for the gen, and one which some members like to complain about.
Hi what you think about the custom dial DP 15500 black? Is better tha ZF black?