• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF 15510 vs 15500

Hotsauce24

Horology Curious
2/2/24
Hi All,

Does anyone have first hand experience owning an APSF 15510 and an APSF 15500? I bought the 15510 and it's OTW but I'm still curious if you've noticed any differences and which you like better? Or anyone who doesn't own them but has a recommendation please? I know the new 15510 has the date further into the dial and the AP logo is gone and the Audemars Piguet writing is larger but what else have you all seen? I'm getting the blue dial. Basically, I'm just hoping I bought the right model.

Thank you all in advance and @legend for you advice earlier.

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
As far as I know, if you're looking for accuracies to gen, the 15510 reps have 2 noticeable flaws:
Bracelet is too thick.
Wrong shape of second hands.

As for dial color/texture/sunburst, I have no idea how close they are to gen, maybe @legend can chime in on this.

Despite these, they are still a well made piece that should be enjoyed especially for what you're getting at the price. Personally though I'm waiting for the thinner bracelet

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
As far as I know, if you're looking for accuracies to gen, the 15510 reps have 2 noticeable flaws:
Bracelet is too thick.

As for dial color/texture/sunburst, I have no idea how close they are to gen, maybe @legend can chime in on this.

Despite these, they are still a well made piece that should be enjoyed especially for what you're getting at the price. Personally though I'm waiting for the thinner bracelet
Your reply is as good as mine @speedywombat. Thank you for your input.

Hotsauce24

Horology Curious
2/2/24
Bracelet is too thick.

Thank you to you both, I really appreciate your response. Agreed, I just need to enjoy it. Have a nice evening.

Reactions: speedywombat

WatchFreak!

4/10/12
EU
Bracelet is too thick.

What do you mean by wrong shape of the second hands? I can't notice any. Which part are you refering to?

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
What do you mean by wrong shape of the second hands? I can't notice any. Which part are you refering to?
The 15510 reps reuses the second hands from the 15500. In the gen watches, the second hands between 15500 and 15510 is actually different, especially at the counterweight but most people miss it unless it gets pointed out. Pic attached of gen 15510 second hand counterweight.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The 15510 reps reuses the second hands from the 15500. In the gen watches, the second hands between 15500 and 15510 is actually different, especially at the counterweight but most people miss it unless it gets pointed out. Pic attached of gen 15510 second hand counterweight.

Not to mention gen has “chrono24.com” printed across the hands and dial.

CF_Stan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
Hi All,

Does anyone have first hand experience owning an APSF 15510 and an APSF 15500? I bought the 15510 and it's OTW but I'm still curious if you've noticed any differences and which you like better? Or anyone who doesn't own them but has a recommendation please? I know the new 15510 has the date further into the dial and the AP logo is gone and the Audemars Piguet writing is larger but what else have you all seen? I'm getting the blue dial. Basically, I'm just hoping I bought the right model.

Thank you all in advance and @legend for you advice earlier.
I also looked at both models but the things that I didn't like about the 15500 are the shorter hour markers and the minute track. So the best rep with a clone 4302 calibre was the 15510. The thicker bracelet is not a problem for me. I think when you receive the watch you'll be amazed at the quality for the price you paid.

Please post up your thoughts when you receive it.