• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APS 3120 movement disassembled pictures and video

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
Oh yes... It's on the schedule
Looking forward and special thanks to you.

Also, would be great if you can also suggest what you can do, as a service to improve the reliability of the 4302 such as replacing stem or hairspring or certain parts of inferior quality.

Many thanks again.

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Looking forward and special thanks to you.

Also, would be great if you can also suggest what you can do, as a service to improve the reliability of the 4302 such as replacing stem or hairspring or certain parts of inferior quality.

Many thanks again.
No problem mate, can you ask on the next thread about 4302? I will totally forget then

Reactions: daytona4me

tamomota

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/14
Thank you mate for your amazing job as usual. This is why we appreciate this hobby

Reactions: CTime

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
3oQ7d4.jpg

This right here is the date jumping gear. The gen is spring loaded, whereas the APS is just a flat tooth without a spring. This is why it is not an instantaneous change. If you can source this part in gen, you can get instant midnight date switch.

EDIT: THIS HAS BEEN ATTEMPTED AND DOES NOT FIT!

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This right here is the date jumping gear. The gen is spring loaded, whereas the APS is just a flat tooth without a spring. This is why it is not an instantaneous change. If you can source this part in gen, you can get instant midnight date switch.
In theory yes, but the gen part may not fit in practice. I am not saying it definitely cannot fit, or cannot be modded to fit, but I have yet to try it myself.
Like you implied, the part is relatively scarce and yes I have already asked my vendor for one to purchase for the purpose of trying it out, but there is no availability yet.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
In fact @majwilliams0308 looking at both gen and rep parts more in detail, I would say there is an 80% chance that the gen part won’t plug and play.
I’m still unsure if the gen part or rep movement can be modded to fit one to the other.
I’ll be very happy to be proved wrong!

Reactions: tamomota

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Thank you for pointing it out, I'm still learning movement 🤩

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
In fact @majwilliams0308 looking at both gen and rep parts more in detail, I would say there is an 80% chance that the gen part won’t plug and play.
I’m still unsure if the gen part or rep movement can be modded to fit one to the other.
I’ll be very happy to be proved wrong!
Thanks for the insight! Would be worth experimenting with, if I can find the part with a good return policy lol.

Kettle1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
Hiii my friends

This time we shot the APS Dandong 3120 clone movement, which has been in the market for nearly a year, and the overall repairing rate is not too high. We disassembled their genuine 15400 movement shamelessly. hope I won’t get beat up.

The genuine 3120 has been halted production, and the new one in the 15500 is 4302 movement. I asked my friends around and no one has it, so I was thinking about whether to take out my own money to buy one. 

3120 movement can fit in many models, such as 15703, 15710, 15707 and other common three hands + date models.

3120 movement was specially made for JF, but after that APSF took it over along with some accessories of JF and AP 3126 and so on. This would be another story I should just stop here.

The overall of this AP movement is not bad, some details are not so perfect, and the polishing can be better.

There are detailed disassemble pictures below which I was really enjoying. Most factories are unwilling to develop new movements now. Because people don’t really like replicas and some of them will report this. Noob is a typical example.

Without further ado, le

No problem mate, can you ask on the next thread about 4302? I will totally forget then

Oh yes... It's on the schedule
Cant wait to see this one CTIME!!! Amaaazing work and thank you for your effort. Good to hear 4302 is on your list!!!

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
On the topic of whether swapping the rep date jumper wheel to the GEN part would work, there is a thread here which discussed the matter:

@j21 confirmed that it couldn't be done.

Also, the GEN jumper wheel seems to be thicker than the rep date jumper wheel, so I suspect the answer is NO, not gonna happen unless a structural re-design of the rep 3120 is done.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
On the topic of whether swapping the rep date jumper wheel to the GEN part would work, there is a thread here which discussed the matter:

@j21 confirmed that it couldn't be done.

Also, the GEN jumper wheel seems to be thicker than the rep date jumper wheel, so I suspect the answer is NO, not gonna happen unless a structural re-design of the rep 3120 is done.
Yes, its already been tried