• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Apparently Customs doesn't like Nardin.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Order 4 new watches from pure time that arrived today. Unfortunatly customs decided to inspect my package and apparently liked the Planet Ocean and $9 Special Gucci watch. For some unknown reason they decided the Nardin brothers weren't to their liking and forwarded them on for my enjoyment. I guess take the good with the bad, and at least I have something new to wear until this gets sorted out.

I know, I know... This threads useless without pics:

Damn Customs:
inspected.jpg

The Nardin Brothers:
IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

The White (silver) dial is amazing. The links need to be smoothed some, but with a little oil it feels very well put together. Decent A/R on both.

I really like the Black Ocean and am seriously considering the gen if the luster doesn't wear off the rep. The bright pvd is a little distracting from the overall design, the gens dlc is a bit muted and really sets the watch off. Maybe I can send it off for some dlc love and maybe a relume with phantom lume.

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
sorry they ganked your other watches. nice set of UN watches tho.... hope you get all of your kids home eventually. :)

imbisibol

1/1/11
wow! i like that white-faced UN.

and sorry they had to take your babies, will you still get them?

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I bought from a trusted dealer, so hopefully we can work something out. Guessing i'll be getting a letter from homeland security telling me i'm a horrible person for supporting terrorism.

I'm guessing the officer was either bored/lazy, or knew what omega and gucci were but had no idea about UN.

TA8088

SCAMMER
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
INMATE
28/10/07
That sucks about the two that got snagged. Which PO? The new 42mm one? Both those UN's look great! If you tire of either one let me know.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
So what happens in these cases ? Do they fine you or something ? Or do you just lose the watches ? Looks like they sent you the 2 best watches of the 4 :)

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
dhs is filled with (some) totally corrupt people. there have been a number of articles about the theft that takes place at the border of the usa. it's sad really....

majwilliams

14/12/10
CONUS
You get a letter saying they are going to start proceedings to confiscate the property blah blah blah. It also attempts to goat you into claiming that you purposely imported counterfeit goods, etc... blah blah chest thumping.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
They probably figured UN is some kind of Asian non rep brand. BTW I have the silver one too. You're gonna love it! I had a defective clasp on mine, wound up getting a whole new bracelet. Good ever since.

This is the reason why I only order one watch at a time. More are too high risk for me.

Which port inspected your package?

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Here you go, I’m not the greatest at photography or typing in code, but hope these go through okay, and not too super big on your screens.

DSC02229.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

DSC02232.jpg

DSC02233.jpg

DSC02234.jpg

DSC02235.jpg

Guys, be sure to do the mod to the serial number plate on the side of the case. I think I sanded off the copper color with automotive 1000 grit sand paper. You can touch up any black lost off the number with a Sharpie. The gens have silver plates. See my third photo.

@supermanx: I'm curious which port did the seizure. I know TX is infamous for them but the East Coast is ok?

melswatch

I'm Pretty Popular
21/5/10
I just ordered this white one along with the blue on rubber strap from MR. Here are my favorite pics of the rep stolen from the "The Pilworks Collection"...

MMD.jpg

MMD2.jpg

MMDwristie.jpg

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
They certainly put my lowly quick pics to shame, but you get the idea . Those are fantastic!

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
It was the new 5th gen ultimate po. Yeah I knew 4 was pressing my luck.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Oh, they came through Chicago

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I think, Most i ever ordered was 2. I did have a watch seized in China. Never made it to me. Got my money back.