• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak Offshore Legit Check

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
Hi, I came across this Gen(?)posting on Facebook marketplace

The description states watch only but can authenticate at store of my choosing

I see that there is, and they’ve also mentioned, bezel damage. So I’m wondering how hard it is to replace that part (with aftermarket bezel possibly?)

Price is $22k CAD or approx. $16.2K USD

thanks for any help guys!

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
If you have the tools its verry easy. But if you can find a gen bezel please consider that instead. It has a different ”shine” then aftermarket rubber bezels have. And you have rubber crown and rubber pushercaps on the chronograph so it will look weird if you use aftermarket bezel. Just my 2cents :)
Btw its a lovely watch mate enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: VixLa3

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Why is the screws on the back all chewed? It cant be a Watchmaker that have done that? That is a red flag for me. Please check the movment condition before you buy it

Last edited:
Reactions: Rx4Time

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
That's a good price if it comes with box, books and papers. I can't comment on authenticity but replacement bezels can be found on C24 -- you can probably sell yours as this person is selling a similarly damaged bezel.

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
Why is the screws on the back all chewed? It cant be a Watchmaker that have done that? That is a red flag for me. Please check the movment condition before you buy it
I was wondering why the screws were stripped and chewed as well.

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
That's a good price if it comes with box, books and papers. I can't comment on authenticity but replacement bezels can be found on C24 -- you can probably sell yours as this person is selling a similarly damaged bezel.
Comes naked so no box or papers. wish it was the full set tho!

masterbiker

Horology Curious
7/11/23
Never seen a watch in that type of shape especially a rep. So it might be real, but need to see the movement.

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Never seen a watch in that type of shape especially a rep. So it might be real, but need to see the movement.
Its real, But the condition is concerning, why have someone opend the watch witout knowlage and fucked up the screws

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Get better pictures, preferably in natural light and a timeographer (there is a free on for android called watch accuracy meter which is reasonably accurate and would show well enough if's running decently) The subdial at 6's bottom and at 12 upper right to top looks to be discolored. I'm concerned there may be moisture damage inside which would be a hard stop for me. The chewed up screws on the cashback make me think there may have been a half assed attempt to repair at some point.

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
OP, just check this watch I had for sale, everything was gen but the movement & DW. So be careful ;)

Reactions: Tompa

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
Its real, But the condition is concerning, why have someone opend the watch witout knowlage and fucked up the screws

ya, I was wondering how it’s in this condition. But the price is good correct still?

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
OP, just check this watch I had for sale, everything was gen but the movement & DW. So be careful ;)

Yes, I remember that watch! I think it was up for sale just few weeks ago. I should have bought that, since it was CONUS as I recall.

May I ask why you did not change the date wheel to Gen, since you changed everything else? Was it because the Gen date was hard to acquire?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I think it's legit. Main reason being is that the way some of the components have deteriorated show signs of gen parts. I've had a Franken and regular rep of this watch. I'd say 90% that it's gen without seeing the movement

Reactions: Rx4Time and Reaps

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Yes, I remember that watch! I think it was up for sale just few weeks ago. I should have bought that, since it was CONUS as I recall.

May I ask why you did not change the date wheel to Gen, since you changed everything else? Was it because the Gen date was hard to acquire?
Probably gen Dw do not fit to the lwo283 movment ;)

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
Get better pictures, preferably in natural light and a timeographer (there is a free on for android called watch accuracy meter which is reasonably accurate and would show well enough if's running decently) The subdial at 6's bottom and at 12 upper right to top looks to be discolored. I'm concerned there may be moisture damage inside which would be a hard stop for me. The chewed up screws on the cashback make me think there may have been a half assed attempt to repair at some point.

very good points. And ya, for such a relatively expensive watch, I’m not sure either why they would try to repair or open up the case back with such carelessness

Silver_Samurai

Known Member
11/3/18
Confirmed with seller. There is/was water damage and they tried to unscrew it themselves to fix it.

Watch runs, but they cannot guarantee pushers/ chronos work

So a hard pass on this one. Thanks everyone!!