• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROOGP Forged carbon!

intheshadows

30/8/12
Looks like the fac is assembling them with the forged cases now. Tempting, but too $$$ for me....
AP-2013-03-13-01-02_enl.jpg

Link

intheshadows

30/8/12
From PT

"Finally back in stock with updates! V2 is updated to more accurate dial and sub-dial colors, strap is updated to very close to gen, the strap is replicated with a gen strap as sample. Immediate shipping.
(Modifid with forged carbon case and parts, VERY limited quantity)"

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Its not real forged carbon as AP uses no binder or epoxy only high temperature and preassure. Its a carbon composite made with some sort of epoxy like binder and carbonfibre flakes and that look and feel almost as the real forged carbon..

What I have searched here on the forum these cases are the awsome work of imaknockoc that PT uses for this very limited watch..

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
Its not real forged carbon as AP uses no binder or epoxy only high temperature and preassure. Its a carbon composite made with some sort of epoxy like binder and carbonfibre flakes and that look and feel almost as the real forged carbon..

What I have searched here on the forum these cases are the awsome work of imaknockoc that PT uses for this very limited watch..

you need to retract your statement as ap do use binder to make the forged carbon case ... do your research .. buddy before you start saying whats wrong and right !!! its not flakes ..

Leewei

21/3/12
Thats definitely one of the most expensive reps ever.
Its more expensive than my GEN Ball Engineer Master II Aviator.
It really depends on how you see it.
I wear my V6 Hublot and Noob Submersible more than the Gen Ball. As their workmanship are all on par. Its amazing how these reps are. Easily pass off as Gen.
Holding my horse on this piece as the movt is a mega tell tale sign though everything else is simply amazing.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
you need to retract your statement as ap do use binder to make the forged carbon case ... do your research .. buddy before you start saying whats wrong and right !!! its not flakes ..

Sorry, then Google + insufficient brain capacity gave me the wrong info... But I still doubt these rep cases is manufactured with the same process as AP uses.

I found a video about 4-5 min long from a factory tour on AP where they made the forged carbon parts. This was maybe 8-10 month ago and I don't have photographic memory... Think it was on puristspro but I'm not able to find it now. Some points from the video I do still remember and it's that they cut small bunches of fibers (prepreg) so yes it have some sort of heat activated resin. I also know in the aviation industry they use a "paste" of resin and carbon fibers squeezed into a mold. On the AP video I'm referring to the mold was filled to exact weight/volume ratio with dry fibers. Again my bad I'm here to learn...

With this said, the work and effort to make this rep cases is absolutely amazing and I wish there will be this type of AP diver cases available in the future. (When I got the money)

:thumbsup: for :cheers: the place where knowledge is refined!

intheshadows

30/8/12
I paid for it lets see how it looks in person...

I originally thought the price was high, but its actually reasonable considering the feat they have accomplished.

If you could comment on the build quality after you receive it, it would be appreciated.

I REALLY dont need this, but I REALLY want it!

PamLuver80

Renowned Member
8/3/11
I originally thought the price was high, but its actually reasonable considering the feat they have accomplished.

If you could comment on the build quality after you receive it, it would be appreciated.

I REALLY dont need this, but I REALLY want it!

Haha I don't need it either but I had to have it ;) I will post a video and a photo once received.

Imaknockov

18/1/11
The new strap is very nice. Based on the video it looks like they marred the finish on the carbon while installing.