• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO: Tour Auto 2010 *56k beware*

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
Before I start whoring my pics, I just want to say MReplica has been amazing to deal with overall with highlights in communication. His replies have been super quick, he has been efficient, and provided what I needed/wanted in a timely manner. The QC pics I have received >HERE< is exactly what I got in the mail. Rough timeline: paid on 11/26, received 12/4
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

I may have found someone I can finally call *my dealer* :D

Specs:

AP ROO Tour Auto 2010 from Marvellous Replica
Movement: Asian 7750 Working Chronograph Automatic Movement(28,800bph)
Size: 42mm
Dial: Black Dial
Crystal: Sapphire Crystal
Case: Stainless Steel Case
Bezel: Steel Bezel
Strap: Black Leather Strap
Clasp: Single-fold Deployant Clasp
Water Resistant: Yes
Functions: Hour; Minute; Running Sec@12; Minute Counter@9 Hour Counter@6; Working Chronograph; Calendar@3

Basically this is my first ROO and I am TOTALLY HOOKED! Obviously, I am not able to compare it to other ROO's however I have owned some fairly high-end or highly modified reps and my balls shiver everytime I look at this!

I salute whoever factory who made this for their attention to detail. It's just simply stunning and no amount of picture in a million angles with the best photochop skills can justify how damn good this looks!

Although it looks chunky, it doesn't throw its weight around like a DSSD... It actually feels lighter.

The leather strap I feel is very good quality, not plasticky like the old Panerai reps I had before. Again, I've never had an HKTan or AP Bands leather strap so I can't give you much detail, I don't have much to compare to.

Possible plans for the future:
-Service and mod the movement
-Double AR on the crystal (*maybe* because it is extremely good out of the box already)
-Relume (if I have cash to blow... it doesn't really need it)

Have a good look at the gen:

gen.jpg

Annnddd.... it's rep counterpart :D :

gloves6.jpg

helmet1.jpg

lumeshoes.jpg

shoes2.jpg

With my gear:
Appropriately so :)

gear1.jpg

Headshot:
The dial is actually gray and changes color (lighter or darker) depending on the angle. The "AP" logo is chrome-ish also dissappears depending on the angle!

headshot2.jpg

headshot3.jpg

Bezel:
The sandblasted parts with the polished surrounds are a thing of beauty!

bezel1.jpg

Rehaut:
Checkered style print for the first 10secs; Very nice print all around.

rehaut1.jpg

Caseback:
I'm actually 17/60 this time! Instead of the more unrealistic 001/500 on other limited models lol

caseback2.jpg

Obligatory Lume Shots:

Mine dissipates rather quickly but its torchy! They've definitely stepped up the luming quality.

lume1.jpg

lume2.jpg

lumehelmet4.jpg

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
Jesus, Ian, that's sick! Gorgeous watch, wear it well!

"Shivery balls". Heh.

todaystheday

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/10/10
stunning mate i love this watch ive owned a few AP reps and this is defo up there with my volcano :)

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
@todaystheday
Ah yes, that's the National Classic Tour for Belgium - only 40pieces made.
Everything is the same except for the caseback.
I'm pretty sure the only models available to us is the Tour Auto (France 60pcs) and the Driver's Edition (unlimited)........well so far at least.

@wiscrna haha you like that description? thx man, I haven't taken it off since I got it! Well, except to shower.

@JC7 DOOOO EEEEETT!! You won't be dissappointed bro!

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Great watch, I saw Guru's one in person. It seems the factory lume is very good too.
And excellent pics, thx for sharing.
You made a good choice with both the watch and the dealer :)

jayFlyer

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/7/08
Such a beaut and great job with the pics! Mine is in the mail, i cannot wait!!!!

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Not my cup of tea but I'm not such a big AP fan myself. I like only one model of the who ROO line. Nice pick up nevertheless mate. Wear it well!

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
Have I said how much I like this watch...!?

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
waynes-world_l.jpg

It seemed to me that when I looked at another one of these that the numbers didn't seem right, missing the chrome outlines. This one shows that they are there and look really good. I'm not crazy about the rehaut, but everything else is very nicely designed. :)

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
So it DOES have the chrome outlines around the numbers on the dial??? SICK!
Been squinting over your pics with my old eyes to see if they were there, so if they are if´s fantastic news!!! :D

Cheers and thanks for sharing :D

/J

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
you forgot to say that I forced you to it.....
great review with great pics

I am not really sure about the strap, I believe it could break easily.
I ordered an AP band strap with red stitching, it should arrive in 2days.
AP bands had a black friday sales with 25% discount.
Will post pics when I will get it.
But first I need my watch back....it is with fine dd for AR.

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
@pix & don - coming from TWO people that both have photo awards, I am HAPPAY! thank you guys :D

@TB & jiddy - yep it has the chrome borders on the numbers. It seem the new ROO's would have them! Take a look at the chronopassion, that also has the chrome borders!

@Guru - bwahahah yep! And thanks mucho for the referral ;) I'm super happy with it!

thanks for the compliments guys!!! I have since been pre-occupied trying to find my next ROO! I guess we'll wait for the Diver and whatever else comes out by the end of the year!

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
It seemed to me that when I looked at another one of these that the numbers didn't seem right, missing the chrome outlines. This one shows that they are there and look really good. I'm not crazy about the rehaut, but everything else is very nicely designed. :)

I really don't care very much for this TA's internal bezel either, even less when I look at the crooked lettering from '60' to 'base' to '330' of tachy scale. Have you noticed how the white lettering sits a millimeter above the red lettering and that all the white zeroes slant to the left?

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
What about the strap quality?
Is it OK?

I broke mine so I'm not very happy about the rep strap quality.
I bought an AP bands too...and as Guru I wait for my crystal back from our good friend FineDD...Impatient to put the new strap and crystal together...:lol: