• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO Ruben Barrichello III Question

omars007

Horology Curious
3/4/11
I am new to the forum, and have been using the search tool. Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate any information or reviews on the AP ROO Ruben Barrichello III. I am interested in purchasing a RG one from Mreplica, but wanted to obtain some feedback before I plopped $648 on a replica watch.

Does anyone have one of these? If so, is the quality consistent with the review of the Ruben Barrichello II watch? Anything to watch out for?

Finally, are there any essential modifications that need to be made to this watch? I appreciate any insight anyway may have and apologize in advance for the "newbie" questions. Thanks!

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Hi Omars007,

I never owned this watch personally but I own a sec@12 AP and can tell you that most likely you will need to service it as the A7750 (mechanism) has some flaws. But I was also thinking of purchasing this watch and it really seems like a good rep, the other sec@12's are great quality in case you were wondering.

Also you should check out beginners guide to buying an AP at the top of the forum.

Hope this info helps you out a bit

Cheers

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
There is no RB III.....some none trusted deales have listed the RG one as a version III which is BS. RB I is 316 F material and RB II is Ti.
Mods to be done, AR.....the movement should be ok, I have the gen movement in it, so you can see the details through the dial. This is expansive but you could also swapp to Eta 7750. Anyhow, id you like it, buy it, go with it and then, I you have too much money, start the modding. But for beeing a noob, just buy it and enjoy. Btw, the rep comes with a great strap.

Here is mine with gen movement, hope you can see the details

Vintage014.jpg

omars007

Horology Curious
3/4/11
@Bigshooter. Thanks very much for the reply. I did acquaint myself with the noob guide, and very much appreciate all the effort that went into that.

@Guru. Thanks for the reply as well. So if I understand you correctly the RG Rubens is listed as an RBIII but in fact is really an RBII? If that is the case, why does the case back differ from the other RBIIs? Also, there is an RBII review stickied that only seems so so on the RBII, which makes me somewhat hesitant. Would you say that the Montoya is the better choice over the RBII/RBIII in terms of fewer flaws?

Finally, you do seem to have an excellent collection of APs, if you are looking to move any of them, feel free to send me a PM, as I might be interested