• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO Diver Gen Strap Lug Gap?

aplover88

Known Member
29/5/17
Sorry forgot to attach the picture
2f45c246b8a338b65ca84ba878963782.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I wonder if there are any Noob/Gen side by side pictures like that or Noob/JF side by sides pictures like that.

aplover88

Known Member
29/5/17
Hey people... we need to fix this urgent.

Any idea anyone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I am still trying to figure out what plots are what that I have. I am going to start a separate thread on it.

Reactions: SuperLory

MB-PAM

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/17
Note: Noob plots will not solve your issue :( have tried any number of combinations.

Solution: buy gen AP plots or have the JF ones modded.

Are you sure that Noob plots won't solve it? How are others putting gen straps and custom straps made to gen spec on their rep AP's?

aplover88

Known Member
29/5/17
Note: Noob plots will not solve your issue :( have tried any number of combinations.

Solution: buy gen AP plots or have the JF ones modded.

Warning: gen AP rubber bands are not really better in the sense that they crack quite easily, it’s pretty much a matter of luck.

Enjoy in any case (gen ROOs have gaps too sometimes, depending on the strap batches)

Hey Todd, can you tell us if you are totally sure gen plots will fix the issue on 42mm ROO ? I tried with gen plots on the 44 and they sit lower then they suppose to.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Guys,

I said before that before, probably in a different way - there are tolerances for those plots and straps. That means that they are not all made to a 0.01 mm tolerance, but probably to something closer to 0.5-0.7 mm tolerance. Hence, some gen rubber straps would fit tighter and some won't. The same goes with the plots: some fit tighter and some don't. But that's just my experience.

The only way to get a tight fit is to get the item from the OEM source as they can clearly play around with tolerances.

What happens to us is that we want to combine jf midcases with ap straps and noob plots: these were not made for each other and they would not necessarily fit tight. You may be lucky and get a good fit on a noob base with noob plots, but that doesn't mean it's always the case. Same goes with the gen plots and the gen strap - they may sit low or they may sit OK. It's really a matter of luck and playing around with different parts.

Hope this helps

Paladium

15/2/13
Just a question. Does jf diver rep rubber strap fit on a jf ap roo 42mm?

btramos

APpreciative PAMpassionate IWCrazy
Supporter
Certified
6/6/20
US
I have the same issue. I haven't tried this but I know these rubber straps can be reshaped a little using very hot water.

So I'm thinking of leaving the strap attached to the plots with the strap bar (plots detached from case back). Dunk the tip of the strap connected to the plots in recently boiled water to heat and soften the rubber and then push the strap into the plots on a cutting board.

It's a real long shot and may ruin the strap of course. Is this a terrible idea?

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
I have the same issue. I haven't tried this but I know these rubber straps can be reshaped a little using very hot water.

So I'm thinking of leaving the strap attached to the plots with the strap bar (plots detached from case back). Dunk the tip of the strap connected to the plots in recently boiled water to heat and soften the rubber and then push the strap into the plots on a cutting board.

It's a real long shot and may ruin the strap of course. Is this a terrible idea?

I bought a set of gen lug plots for my diver, and it got rid of the gap. There's another set here, drop the seller a PM. See if they'll take PP G&S.

Reactions: btramos