• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Navy J12 |OT| The blue we deserve

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
and can someone explain me why we need a correct serial number at a rep??

Sent from my iPhone 6

Cmon, it's a preference of mine and to some extent, kinda an ocd too. Maybe I'm the only one here who cares about serials and it doesn't mean that everyone should too. But wouldn't it be better to have a correct serial?
Some might be fine if an AP rep has a P series like the old school reps; I'm certainly not. Some make it a must to have double AR'ed xtals on their APs; I don't care about that. Some don't care that the dw font doesn't match with the serial or model; I do.

They're just preferences and nothing's wrong about that.
Just to be clear, there's nothing wrong with this J12 Navy. All is fine. It's the best AP to have come out since Bumblebee and it actually tops Bee imo.

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
funny how different the priorities are. For me the most important thing is the rigth colors. I never care about any numbers at a watch.

Sent from my iPhone 6

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
^ and that's what it means to be human. :)
And of course colors are important. It's in the top 5 of the most important things. Serial alphabets are number 7 I think. lol

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I found this discussion of serial numbers very informative, Jamtzio. Maybe you can make a Sticky about this.

aututto

Renowned Member
27/10/12
Wow I left reps a few months ago and now my dream has showed up! My submariner might have to go back up on trf so I can set up a new ap collection, this navy is delicious! One q are the hands correct color? Just curious after looking at kens pics

TheDonSL

Respected Member
28/12/13
^ and that's what it means to be human. :)
And of course colors are important. It's in the top 5 of the most important things. Serial alphabets are number 7 I think. lol

Hey jamz, is it me or are the pushers and crown guards too dark on the JF navy? I checked eBay and got mixed results from the photos... Also do you feel this needs a Jacob strap or stick with the oem? The strap looks a bit dark also but again may be the light. Still a gorgeous watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
I found this discussion of serial numbers very informative, Jamtzio. Maybe you can make a Sticky about this.

Thanks J and good idea. Might do that later.

Hey jamz, is it me or are the pushers and crown guards too dark on the JF navy? I checked eBay and got mixed results from the photos... Also do you feel this needs a Jacob strap or stick with the oem? The strap looks a bit dark also but again may be the light. Still a gorgeous watch!

The blue on crown and pushers is fine if you ask me. It's just that there's a lot of dust on them in every TD pic. Haha. Regarding the hornback, honestly I never got Jacob's hornback before. So I can't comment on that but from the pics, his hornbacks are the best aftermarket hornback strap imo. As for myself, I already have the oem navy hornback so I'll definitely go with it once I have my watch.

TheDonSL

Respected Member
28/12/13
Thanks J and good idea. Might do that later.

The blue on crown and pushers is fine if you ask me. It's just that there's a lot of dust on them in every TD pic. Haha. Regarding the hornback, honestly I never got Jacob's hornback before. So I can't comment on that but from the pics, his hornbacks are the best aftermarket hornback strap imo. As for myself, I already have the oem navy hornback so I'll definitely go with it once I have my watch.

Nice! Thanks Jamz!

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
accepted the qc pic's,now waiting for the schumi so the watches can be send:cheese:

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
13/11/13

Thedonsi ...I'm going Jacob... just found these pics he sent me for my Tour Auto.... The workmanship is sublime.. the hide is beautiful, the top pic is the exclusive HB hide.. the bottom one is the standard HB hide

TheDonSL

Respected Member
28/12/13
Thedonsi ...I'm going Jacob... just found these pics he sent me for my Tour Auto.... The workmanship is sublime.. the hide is beautiful, the top pic is the exclusive HB hide.. the bottom one is the standard HB hide

Amazing!!! Enjoy! I am waiting for him to make me one for my safari... Also I can't fix my username but it's TheDonSL lol no worries! Enjoy bro!

pm-guy

Supporter
Certified
10/5/14
Amazing straps...
Still have not got a chance to look thr' his website till I am out of Shanghai, what a shame!

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
those straps from jacob are awesome,that tour auto strap is great!!
but the one i want iff i not go gen,is the one from jacob that he made for daytona's bleu theme's:drool:

cnwh

27/10/13
I wonder y there is so much dust on the chrono pusher? Is it made of some rubber ?