• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver V7 JF On Leather Strap A2824

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
The rep fake croc strap's quality is only so so. I would suggest you get the rubber and then go get a custom one from one our strapmakers. Go and check out Hamilton strap's section. He's having a sale. This way you'll have both options to wear.

kim.lee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/15
The rep fake croc strap's quality is only so so. I would suggest you get the rubber and then go get a custom one from one our strapmakers. Go and check out Hamilton strap's section. He's having a sale. This way you'll have both options to wear.

Humm, :nailbiting: you are right, may be I should go for the rubber and and buy another set of leather. But the real croc. leather strap cost almost as much as the watch though.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I am gravitating towards rubber straps on nearly every ROO I own. So my answer is clear. The rep rubber straps have gotten so good in the last few months that buying the gen rubber strap only makes sense in cases where the rep factories have not gotten around to manufacturing the model/color. In fact, alot of the "gen" rubber straps on sale at chrono24/ebay are actually reps. ;-)

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
Humm, :nailbiting: you are right, may be I should go for the rubber and and buy another set of leather. But the real croc. leather strap cost almost as much as the watch though.

Look at it this way; you are spending on an upgraded strap & diver as much as a chrono with rep strap. So it costs the same but comes with greater reliability and more gen like metrics.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Rubber for me... At least, SS bracelet ;)

kim.lee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/15
Ok thanks guys, I will tell Ken to change my order.

Shadowmoon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/15
Stick to rubber and change it to bracelet after you get sick of the rubber look.

FYI the rubber look is the best.

D

d4m.test

Do you guys think rubber looks cheap compared to a leather or croc?

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Do you guys think rubber looks cheap compared to a leather or croc?

Depends on the watch - IMO AP are one of the few brands (along with some Richard Milles and of course Bell & Ross) that look better on rubber (not all models though!)

I think divers always look better on rubber, ROO chronos on leather and the 15400, 15300 etc on metal.

But to each their own...

Some people like PAMS on rubber, I personally would only ever stick a PAM on leather unless I was diving with it

D

d4m.test

Thanks, I just purchased a leather gray strap to smp lover and I can say it looks worlds better than the rubber. Will be posting my rubber on sale soon.

D

d4m.test

post pics bro

DSC00064-1024x682.jpg

DSC00065-1024x682.jpg

DSC00066-1024x682.jpg