• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver v3 strap length

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Hi guys,
Im planning to get a Diver, but am wondering if the rubber will fit a 6.5" wrist with the last hole? I prefer not to punch another hole..

Anyone with similar experience?

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
The strap is 120/80, I can't imagine you having a problem.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
ive heard its tough at 6.5. i know it fits 7 so if you are 6 3/4 you wont have a problem. consider apstraps if not or someone on here.

acoustix

Known Member
7/3/12
I'm at 6.4, it's just a tad loose on the last hole with gaps around the lugs area to the wrist. I had another hole punched so it sits snug.

Going to get an aftermarket strap so it fits better.

jackagi

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/10/11
IMO the short gen AP strap is the way to go! Purchased it a while ago and am very happy with it!

acoustix

Known Member
7/3/12
44 pam actually fits nicely on my wrist :)

Bro the diver wears larger than 44mm pams due to the lug design. I find pams to be more comfortable to wear.

6.4" wrists.

3cf515f8.jpg

22ddddc4.jpg

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Yes mate, I do aware that the lug design is pretty unfriendly to small wrist since I have a RO.
But nevertheless, I think its a nice watch that is worth trying. My only concern is only the strap length. Appreciate your input on a 6.4" wrist, seems like a hole needs to be punched afterall. :)

acoustix

Known Member
7/3/12
If you wear your watches a little loose the last hole is ok. Anyway if u want u can always drop me a pm we can meet for a coffee or something and u can try it out. Not too big where we live in :)

m4444

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/12
I bought a gen short strap from an AP boutique for $315 with installation. Watch fits perfectly now as it was too loose with the regular strap it came with.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I bought a gen short strap from an AP boutique for $315 with installation. Watch fits perfectly now as it was too loose with the regular strap it came with.
they installed a gen strap, on your rep, at an AP dealer? -or on your gen AP diver?

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Shiro
I think u will have a hard time without punching another hole
It seems to be sized for 6.75 min
I have an extra one with punched holes, doesn't look great but an option to buy if you don't want to ruin yours

Gen rubber strap not worth the extra cost
Other option is an aftermarket leather, croc or shark one
Donerix makes them and they would fit 6.5"

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
If you wear your watches a little loose the last hole is ok. Anyway if u want u can always drop me a pm we can meet for a coffee or something and u can try it out. Not too big where we live in :)

Great to be in a small island actually, everyone is near. :lol:

Shiro
I think u will have a hard time without punching another hole
It seems to be sized for 6.75 min
I have an extra one with punched holes, doesn't look great but an option to buy if you don't want to ruin yours

Gen rubber strap not worth the extra cost
Other option is an aftermarket leather, croc or shark one
Donerix makes them and they would fit 6.5"

Yea Roger, probably an aftermarket strap, im thinking of Orloff or Donerix. Not a rubber person anyway, just thinking that its a pity to dmg a nice rubber.

And now to wait for the noob to open for business..

m4444

17/5/12
they installed a gen strap, on your rep, at an AP dealer? -or on your gen AP diver?

yes, gen strap on rep diver..don't believe the guy that did it knew it was a rep though, I was going to change it myself but they offered free installation so the worst he could say is refuse to work on it if he found out it's a rep

TheBattler

26/7/10
yes, gen strap on rep diver..don't believe the guy that did it knew it was a rep though, I was going to change it myself but they offered free installation so the worst he could say is refuse to work on it if he found out it's a rep

Behavior like this should be grounds for a ban.
Taking your rep watch to an AD is bad enough, having work done on it is beyond explanation or excuse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

m4444

17/5/12
Behavior like this should be grounds for a ban.
Taking your rep watch to an AD is bad enough, having work done on it is beyond explanation or excuse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Why should I be banned from a forum for having a strap changed on my watch after the guy offered to change it for me?? It's not like I acted the watch was a gen, had it in a watch case and didn't hand it over until he offered to switch straps for free, didn't even mention anything about it being a gen or not..doesn't really matter as the strap was already paid for

Zanjoe75

27/5/12
I only paid $200 for the gen strap. A little tight when I changed it myself.