• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap diver gold & grey

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
Is there any way to convince JF to make this beauty. I had held the Gen few weeks ago must say what an epic piece. The Color combo is insane & as JF does the diver same spec as Gen. I reckon it would be piece of cake for JF make it.

MrOptional

8/10/18
giphy.gif

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Is there any way to convince JF to make this beauty. I had held the Gen few weeks ago must say what an epic piece. The Color combo is insane & as JF does the diver same spec as Gen. I reckon it would be piece of cake for JF make it.

Don't forget people JF' kryptonite is grey dials . They haven't gotten many grey dials right "TILL THIS DAY" LOL . I loved the gen when I saw it but not so much of a fan of gold plated reps and if it's not actual solid gold I tend to pass on gold reps. We'll se what they come up with ...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Don't forget people JF' kryptonite is grey dials . They haven't gotten many grey dials right "TILL THIS DAY" LOL . I loved the gen when I saw it but not so much of a fan of gold plated reps and if it's not actual solid gold I tend to pass on gold reps. We'll se what they come up with ...

you're a little like me, except I pass on most AP reps, gold plated or not. lol.
I have nothing against reps, and in fact I like reps in general. But I am boycotting the makers until they get them right, not that it will make a difference to their sales, but it makes a difference for me!

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
I agree 100 % stated above by Miguel & Legend.
JF really need to work out on there flaws. They are just increasing there prices each year with none improvement.
but would love to see this piece being replicated . Hopefully if they could release by fall this year .
How abt If we convince Angus as we did for the tantalum 42 .
Am sure plenty here at rwi specially the Ap enthusiasts would be keen to get this piece replicated.
Would appreciate if Ap lovers could create a thread and Chime in for the same.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I agree 100 % stated above by Miguel & Legend.
JF really need to work out on there flaws. They are just increasing there prices each year with none improvement.
but would love to see this piece being replicated . Hopefully if they could release by fall this year .
How abt If we convince Angus as we did for the tantalum 42 .
Am sure plenty here at rwi specially the Ap enthusiasts would be keen to get this piece replicated.
Would appreciate if Ap lovers could create a thread and Chime in for the same.

The tantalum (or rather Sincere edition) made by Puretime is a failure IMHO. Majority of the dials became stained with lume varnish leak over time, and puretime just went silent when called upon to resolve this issue.
The makers do not care about accuracy to details or what guys in the hobby want. They care only about profiting off us by releasing version after version of reps, each with different flaws. Perhaps when their pockets are lined enough, will they start listening and producing a 1:1 version (which I have no doubt they can, if they disassemble the gen and replicate each part) but the cost and hassle to them to do so, will be inhibiting, especially when the market will STILL settle for imperfect reps despite complaining stridently about each release.

So even if one of makers announce that they will start making the Japan edition diver, I will not get too excited. Firstly, before it starts, I can assure you that the weight will be off. They did manage to get the Lebron James dial color close, so I think they can get this dial color right too, seeing how this dial color is close to the LBJ one. But the devil is in the details as always. They will no doubt screw up one aspect or another, and guys will complain...and still lap it up. This is the rep game for us and the makers know it, and their nonchalance are subtle smacks in the face to let you know that they know too. What are the alternatives really? There are 3:

1. Competition from another rep maker (which will 100% never be perfect too)
2. Not buying it at all, and going for other substitute rep models.
3. Getting the gen

We always get choices. I will never be part of any thread or collective effort to request the rep makers to replicate this or that model. To the rep factories, it is never about our specific wishes to have this or that feature in any replica addressed and resolved or improved. It is about how they can make more money off purchases. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT against replica watches. For what, $400?, you can get a very nice looking watch to wear and even impress yourself and those around you in real life. I never doubt that. Draw the line at this in the hobby and you will be happy always. It is only when the comparisons to gen start, that one feels the disappointments. On their own, the reps are nice watches to look at and even wear, as long as they are not compared with the gens.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
can't imagine a good rep without the gen to hand. 3 greys to match, grey dial and two greys on bezel ring.
JF or noob needs to buy the gen and not use downloaded pictures. create a v1 and let the pump games begin. as legend mentioned, puretimes failure to address the sincere dial issue has killed some faith in pre-ordering.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ah yes I think you're right it's a limited edition

In Japan only ( isn’t it? )

No, I got mine in SG. I requested for it and got it within 3 weeks. Likewise for all the "Pride of (country)" models, you can find them being offered outside the specific country as well.