• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Code 11.59 Release?

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
Has anybody seen that advertising?
I found that on Reddit.

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
You are right, these pictures doesn‘t look too
good:-(

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
The Code 11.59 is one of the watches that you SHOULD go see in person...i saw it years ago, in the AP Boutique (Sardinia) .

In person, is really something, a lot of details, the shape of the case, the double curved glass, the exquisite finishing.... on photo all of that seems a bit...meh .
In the flesh, it is totally different. It is HIGH END, you can feel it.

This is the Case...it is not an 'usual' or a 'cheap' case.

Curatedition_AP-Code11-59_Feature-1170x878.jpeg

Of course, the Rep will be a lot different...but i assure you , in Gen form is really something.

Of course, being an AP, it was a semi-flop.
Like the Millenary, the Jules Audemars, the Edward Piguet, the Carnegie...everything that it is NOT a Royal Oak, it will be a FLOP.

apcropped-1.gif

Curatedition-AP-Code11-59-Collection.gif

Last edited:

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
^
Nice picture display.
I'm a bit obsessed with animated .gif :)

Anyway, back in topic, i really do hope somebody (maybe me ?) will pull the trigger on this 11.59 Rep...for sure i wonder how the double-curved glass and the particular case shape will be Repped, anyway,,,

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'm a bit obsessed with animated .gif :)

Anyway, back in topic, i really do hope somebody (maybe me ?) will pull the trigger on this 11.59 Rep...for sure i wonder how the double-curved glass and the particular case shape will be Repped, anyway,,,
The code 11.59 is a model which I’ve kept a couple in my collection, and yes they were “stepping stone” purchases as opposed to watches I’ll regularly wear.
For me it’s a watch which is appreciated far better off the wrist rather than on it. The various details can be appreciated much better without actually wearing it.
I can assure you the rep will get all the essential details wrong as usual. You’re right it’s a watch which is meant to show off the craftsmanship of AP but sadly none of those astounding details translate to desirability when wearing the watch.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
The code 11.59 is a model which I’ve kept a couple in my collection, and yes they were “stepping stone” purchases as opposed to watches I’ll regularly wear.
For me it’s a watch which is appreciated far better off the wrist rather than on it. The various details can be appreciated much better without actually wearing it.
I can assure you the rep will get all the essential details wrong as usual. You’re right it’s a watch which is meant to show off the craftsmanship of AP but sadly none of those astounding details translate to desirability when wearing the watch.
What a wonderful answer!

I totally agree with you, anyway it is a 'better' timepiece that usually is not appreciated by many...

Anyway, I completely agree with you.

And also the vast majority of AP buyers it seems, both in Gen or Rep form.

Reactions: legend