• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Chrono 26331ST

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
from the case back i do not think this is any sort of update

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
This needs to exclude @QueTip as he just removed the link without commenting on the watch 🤣
Sometimes one doesn’t even need to say anything especially after having seen the pictures and having you already state it.
This is nothing to write home about and as already expected and will be just another one of the failed, dreadful attempts of the factories for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Djsani26 and legend

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Would definitely buy a 26331 again , a well brushed CNC build filled with gen goodies!

You hear me @Prizon 😂 ?

Reactions: Panda

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
high time you built/got one too sir!
ROC’s are nice, I love the precious metal ones they’re just perfection! An all gold custom case would be as much as my current collection of AP frankens, which I would rather have more variety of. Rent is too damn high lol

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
ROC’s are nice, I love the precious metal ones they’re just perfection! An all gold custom case would be as much as my current collection of AP frankens, which I would rather have more variety of. Rent is too damn high lol
ROCs are a good compromise between ROOs and ROs for me, can be worn as both a sports watch and a dress piece. The 26331ST is nice, but I much prefer the 26240 for the dial, datewheel position and date font, as well as the thinner bracelet which wears more comfortably.

Reactions: TESLA760

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
ROCs are a good compromise between ROOs and ROs for me, can be worn as both a sports watch and a dress piece. The 26331ST is nice, but I much prefer the 26240 for the dial, datewheel position and date font, as well as the thinner bracelet which wears more comfortably.
True, and the newer ones have better dial colors, subdial layout including the exhibition caseback. Didn’t know the bracelet was thinner that’s a plus. The thinness of watches is a perk almost as if you’re not wearing anything.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
True, and the newer ones have better dial colors, subdial layout including the exhibition caseback. Didn’t know the bracelet was thinner that’s a plus. The thinness of watches is a perk almost as if you’re not wearing anything.
The 4401 caliber is a significant improvement over the 2385 cal used by the 26331 as well.
One recent and salient improvement AP made is the development of the 43xx and 44xx in house calibers, which replaces the previous generation ones used in the offshores and royal oaks/chronos. The flyback chrono for the ROO and ROCs (4404 and 4401 which are in essence the same except for a layout and plate addition difference) is a lot more reliable now, and a joy to operate for the fun of it.

Last edited:

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
I can't tell when @legend talks about the 26240 whether he's referring to gen or a custom build 😜

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
The new generation movements have verticals clutches and are incredibly stable. Looking at one deconstructed just amazed me. Either Gen or custom builds should hours have the real movement. I know if one custom build with the green dial and it’s definitely a money pit.