• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP boxes

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Hello,
What is the price of the rep boxes for AP ? Is it worth buying them from the TD since the shipping cost is much higher than with DHG ?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just curious why anyone would want boxes or papers for rep APs. Not questioning in a negative way but genuinely curious about the purpose of acquiring such. Is it used for storage or display purposes for example?

Reactions: TESLA760

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Just curious why anyone would want boxes or papers for rep APs. Not questioning in a negative way but genuinely curious about the purpose of acquiring such. Is it used for storage or display purposes for example?
Only for storage, the display is when I wear it :) After that, I will have to store the boxes too because it's very big (1.6 kg). The seller has also AP containers if you are interested :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: legend

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11
Managed to buy about 11 years ago an AP T3 watch box for my rep T3. The jeweller who sold the box said the purchaser of the watch in NY didn't want the box, perhaps custom duties ,as the box is huge not something that would easily fit in a suitcase. The watches do exhibit better in the proper box.

MHardiman90

Renowned Member
Certified
11/2/14
I'd like an AP box as I don't use multi watch boxes. Could care less about the papers though.

TimeStopper46

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/13
I am one of those weirdos who loves a good box lol. Whenever I buy something I like, I try and take care of the box as well

Examples: Ever since I was a kid, when my parents would buy me video game consoles I always made sure to keep the boxes in mint condition. It made things feel brand new for a much longer period of time. Another example is I bought a beautiful pair of Corthay shoes in 2015 and wore them a couple of times and they have been nicely put away in their box when not in use. They still look and feel completely brand new because of the box.

I know for sure Im in the minority here but there is something incredibly satisfying about a good box. There are youtube channels dedicated to unboxing videos.

I ordered an AP from a TD recently along with the rep box from them as well. Im almost as excited about the box as the watch lol

Reactions: PTwatchLover

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
AP rep boxes are horrible. The inside smells like Chernobyl and the hide is made from caribou taint. Nothing enjoyable about opening that.

Reactions: ryantunna

TimeStopper46

13/3/13
Lol I do admit boxes from overseas do tend to have a very strong scent. I have outdoor space so I plan to air it out outside for a few days if the smell is too strong

TimeStopper46

13/3/13
I can tell the gen boxes doesn't smell better !

That is one beautiful box! :love::love: Love the way the leather wraps around where the watch sits..Just beautiful!

Much better than those cheapo looking multi watch holders that look like theyre from Walmart

Reactions: SuperLory

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
This is from the link you posted ?
Yes, the seller is watches watch store. It is the second link I gave above... As there is no photo in the description, you will just have to send him a photo of the box before in the chat (to be sure of the product).

TimeStopper46

13/3/13
I have been waiting for my AP box to arrive since October. Will post a review if I ever recieve it