• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15703 Question

Zanethorne

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/16
Hello all!

I was wondering if you can give me some advice, I’ve been a lurker since 2017. Never bought anything from the forum or TD and Long story short, my favorite watch is the 15703 the closed back one. And I’ve been wanting to pull the trigger all these years and I think I’m finally ready for a good quality rep.

That being said, As far as I know, there are 2 versions that most people buy, the JF and the ZF, some people also recommends the APSF and favors them in terms of the case/body. Aside from that, a lot of people said that it is better to buy the 15710 rather than the 15703 which is kinda odd to me because why pick an exposed back case rathern than a closed back case, an exposed one should be an instant callout (I guess?)

Anyways, I really want the most honest opinion on which one to choose and why. Keep in mind that I am kinda confused right now because there is a NWBIG list that considers the JF AP Diver as a super rep nwbig, but another list considers the ZF Ap Diver as the best one but it is as a super rep, not nwbig.

I definitely prefer 15703 rather than 15710 due to the closed back. Right now all there is is to choose from which factory I should buy. Again, I would hugely appreciate if you can recommend me out of the two.

Reactions: Therion666

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
JF is only available m2m as they are no longer available. I have one and the build quality is too notch. I recommend getting one with the 2824 if possible for long term repairability

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

RogueWatch

Dabbling in the Rep World...
Supporter
Certified
5/10/15
USA
Bumping this older thread instead of creating another.

I am interested in either 15703 or 15710 and comparing APSF vs. JF.

The APSF with Miyota 9015 is generally regarded well but not a ton of info on APSF quality within APs. Its currently on sale for $350 @ Trusty.

The JF v10 is often referred to as NWBIG/Super Rep which I am translating as better quality than the APSF and comes with a 2824-2. $450 currently

Can anyone shed light on whether the JF v10 is truly a significant step up from the APSF and worth the $100?

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Bumping this older thread instead of creating another.

I am interested in either 15703 or 15710 and comparing APSF vs. JF.

The APSF with Miyota 9015 is generally regarded well but not a ton of info on APSF quality within APs. Its currently on sale for $350 @ Trusty.

The JF v10 is often referred to as NWBIG/Super Rep which I am translating as better quality than the APSF and comes with a 2824-2. $450 currently

Can anyone shed light on whether the JF v10 is truly a significant step up from the APSF and worth the $100?
You cant get JF anymore so that should answer your question

Reactions: TESLA760

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
I wonder if Andrew @trustytime just has old stock or is out of stock and hasn’t updated his website.
At the bottom of trusty time images you can always see when the product was added :

"This product was added to our catalog on Monday 26 October, 2020." it says for the 15703

My advice is if it's been 1 year since it was added, you must always email or double check with the TD. They never keep their websites updated.

Nick.au

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
28/5/12
Just got my ZF v2 a few weeks ago, had the old JF when they first started making them a decade ago. It’s a no brainer, the new ZF is light years ahead in every department, no contest

Reactions: RogueWatch

RogueWatch

Dabbling in the Rep World...
Supporter
Certified
5/10/15
USA
At the bottom of trusty time images you can always see when the product was added :

"This product was added to our catalog on Monday 26 October, 2020." it says for the 15703

My advice is if it's been 1 year since it was added, you must always email or double check with the TD. They never keep their websites updated.
Awesome advice. Thank you!