• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 repairs

John_Masterson

11/7/12
Chicago, IL
A friend of mine here in Chicago, IL has purchased an AP 15202 by ZF directly from Prof (Steve) with his 2x AR crystal installed. The watch is stunning but for whatever reason the caseback screws weren't tightened enough as well as the caseback being upside down :-(
Unfortunately my friend now has lost an entire screw (front and back), dust/a hair got inside the case and his hour hand got detached. I tried the repair section but no luck. Trying to help my friend find a CONUS only! watch smith that has experience working on AP's. Near Chicago is preferred. The following work needs to be done:

1. Clean inside and remove all dust/hair
2. Reinstall hour hand (My friend found it - luckily!)
3. Remove caseback and turn 180 degrees so it is installed correctly
4. Reinstall missing screw (My friend doesn't have one!)
5. Pressure test/Water proof?!?

Any help is much appreciated and if it needs to be move to a different section please feel free to do so mods. Onto the photos

3gwRbb.jpeg

3gwNXi.jpeg

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Look in the Watchmakers and Horologists List in the Trusted Dealers (TD) section and choose one nearest to your location.

Most watchmakers won't have the screws you need so you'll have to provide the screws. Contact your TD and ask them to source the screws for you. Trusty Time has a parts department, www.ttwparts.com.

Best of luck.

Reactions: John_Masterson

rek00001

24/4/13
Following this thread - I'm in the Chicago area also, sorry can't help with locating a watchsmith, been in the rep game 20 years, I've seen them come and go. All my watchsmiths are gone. Anyone remember Speedy Gonzales up in West Chicago?

I would suggest mailing the watch to one of our highly regarded US repair guys.

John_Masterson

11/7/12
Chicago, IL
@rek00001 yeah Speedy was a great guy. Visited him in person and he did work on one of my AP’s. I guess it’s back to the drawing board and email a few of the recommended watch smiths and see what we can do.

A Chicago meet up would be cool though? You think there would be more interest?

Reactions: NPwatchman

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Yeah first thing to do when getting an AP rep is tighten all the screws, and then check them every once in a while when wearing it. The four small ones on the clasp are especially notorious for being loose.