• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone with an old humi they don't use?

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I find that I'm running out of storage...any of my brothers of the leaf have an old (but servicable) desktop humi that they don't use?

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
Why not make a tupidor? There are some decent tupperware or like containers that work well for this. You could also use a small cooler.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I've tried tupperdors but I just prefer traditional humis...and the wifey will kill me if she ever finds a cooler full of cigars :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I've tried tupperdors but I just prefer traditional humis...and the wifey will kill me if she ever finds a cooler full of cigars :D

Haha, I can see my wife gritting her teeth at that one too. "Honey, why is this cooler full of cigars? " ;)

I just bit the bullet and bought a bigger Humi online. After I got it seasoned I passed my old one to SwissOmega. Sorry I don't have another but maybe there is another member here who can help you. :) BuMPs!

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Exactly, Roo! Not just cigars...but whole BOXES of cigars ;)

I'm looking around for a *small* cooler that I can convert to cooler-dor...something easily hidden in an inconspicuous space around the house.

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
Robb, I just ordered a new humidor. As soon as it gets here and I season it, you can have my old one. Holds 25-40, depending on what you're filling it with. I'll leave some Boveda packs in it so it doesnt dry out by the time you get it. You can keep the hygrometer and humidifier, I don't use them (I have a digital, and I use Boveda packs). Should be arriving soon, I'll update you when it comes in.

Will

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Will, that's exceedingly kind of you. I'll only accept if you truly don't need another one...I've started a cooler-dor but am having trouble keeping the humidity consistent throughout the thing. I'll gladly take yours, but again only if you're REALLY not going to use it :thumbsup:

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
Really not going to use it, brother. My wife got me one for my birthday, with an engraved brass plate, etc. She also popped for a new digital hygometer, so you can have the old one in the humi also.

Just be aware that I have to get my new one seasoned before I can transfer my smokes. But as soon as it's ready to go, I'll ship you my old one.

I don't think I kept your shipping details from when I sent you some smokes, so you'll have to give me your postal info again.

I'll let you know when my new humi arrives, so you can know approx when you'll get the old one.

Will

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Sounds good, Will, take all the time you need. I'll PM you my info again...many thanks brother.

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
My pleasure, Robbbbbbb.

(I added more Bs, 'cuz I know you're sensitive on that.) ;)