• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone receive a wrong tracking number from jtime?

rscotta831

Horology Curious
27/2/24
First time I've ordered from jtime. He sent me the USPS tracking number just before CNY. It began tracking when it arrived in the U.S. in Avenel, NJ on 2/19/24. I don’t live anywhere close to New Jersey. I live in AL. It then showed delivered to Tenafly, NJ on 2/21/24. Have no clue if it was delivered to the wrong address or not. Or if this is another spot where QC is done. I've contacted Li multiple times. No response. Suggestions?

Delivered
Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room
TENAFLY, NJ 07670
February 21, 2024, 10:52 am

Out for Delivery
TENAFLY, NJ 07670
February 21, 2024, 6:10 am

Arrived at Post Office
TENAFLY, NJ 07670
February 20, 2024, 11:56 am

Accepted at USPS Destination Facility
TENAFLY, NJ 07670
February 20, 2024, 10:41 am

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
AVENEL, NJ 07001
February 19, 2024, 4:54 pm

Shipping Partner: DHL ECOMMERCE
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
AVENEL, NJ 07001
February 8, 2024, 9:03 am

68snoopy

Horology Curious
24/2/24
I am a newbie here. I was thinking of making my first purchase with JTime as well. Jtime is a TD here. Why would they pull a scam like this? I am just confused.

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
I am a newbie here. I was thinking of making my first purchase with JTime as well. Jtime is a TD here. Why would they pull a scam like this? I am just confused.
JTime is a TD and a very good one with a stellar reputation on RWI.

The issue here is that a fraudster setup a website to pretend to be the real JTime and cheated people of their money.

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
And that's why i never use Google.
I always... and i mean ALWAYS use RWI links for TD's.

Sorry mate that it happened to you.

JTime is my main TD and is very trustworthy, believe me.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: j-unit139 and eBoy

rscotta831

Horology Curious
27/2/24
That's to invalidate your claim in any PP or CC disputes you might raise for the transaction with them
I contacted my CC company and filed a dispute. I explained it was a scam and exactly what you stated about the tracking number, which they did ask for. I should know within 2 weeks how the dispute goes.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Jtime is a TD here. Why would they pull a scam like this? I am just confused.

They didn't.

Compare the URL that was given by the OP with the URL the real Jtime have listed in their section.

Well, there I already gave the clue... "the real Jtime"..

What happened here is a classic TD impostor scam: A scammer steals a TD's logo and name, creates a fake web site, closely resembling the real one and waits for an inexperienced victim to read about that TD on a forum and instead of using the contact info on the forum, the victim uses Google to look up the TD and finds 10 impostors on the first results page, but not the actual TD. Once money is transferred, the supposed TD ghosts the victim or distracts it with faux tracking numbers / lame excuses and other tactics to prevent the victim of trying to recover the funds...

rscotta831

Horology Curious
27/2/24
That's to invalidate your claim in any PP or CC disputes you might raise for the transaction with them
My CC company refunded the $489 scam charge.

In other news, the real jtime has shipped my watch. Li answered every single question in a timely manner. As others have noted, they are 1st class service. Much appreciated everyone’s feedback.

Reactions: jkrw247

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I'm guessing you might have to make something up if your CC company asks what the charge was for. I had to before mine would approve it.

rscotta831

Horology Curious
27/2/24
I'm guessing you might have to make something up if your CC company asks what the charge was for. I had to before mine would approve it.
I told them the truth. It was for a watch. Gave them the fake tracking number. And they approved the dispute and refunded me. Every CC company is different in their dispute process. Most of them will refund you.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Hopefully I never will have to, but maybe I'll do that next time

rscotta831

Horology Curious
27/2/24
Just received my VSF 126613 LB in today from jtime. Absolutely gorgeous. Sent payment 2/28/24. Received 3/16/24. 2 1/2 weeks. Very impressed with jtime.