• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Planning To Buy A Gen In 2007?

red

Known Member
1/1/07
I am thinking of selling my IWC Pilot Chrono (gen) for an IWC Aquatimer Chrono. And maybe the Tag Monaco. My current budget is $1500 with or without selling my pilot, but we will see after first quarter bonus.

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
I made to large gen aquisitions in two months (December and this month). I got a ladies diamond/gold Chopard Imperial for the wife (was a big occassion) and (1) she felt real HAPPY, (2) Knew I wanted another one for the longest time, so then I was able to get myself a Girard Perregaux Sea Hawk II (John Harrison LE) :D . Now, since I have the watch bug, and am tapped out for this year for purchasing another gen...rep baby 8) .

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I went and tried on some tissot t-touches, and boy was I dissappointed. Felt much cheaper then my nicer reps, that band kinked and jingles. I dont want to buy a gen that i need to oil the bracelet out of the box. Oh well.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Already bought the Oris TT1 Titan Dive watch. I made a little deal with the dealer. I paying him 100.00 here 100.00 there until its paid. Its the only way my Wife would agree to it. This watch is friggin awesome. 44mm, the AR is sweet. 100% Titanium

Sean K

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
i'm aiming for either a tudor mil sub, a 5513, iwc classic utc or mk XV...need a gen to wear under my shirt cuffs.. :?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
have i mentioned that i was planning on buying a Gen in 2007 in a couple months as a b-day present to me? was going for a 42mm PO...

but its too late, i picked one up already :p

RobbieG

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/9/06
Another one soon...Sinn

I have a fairly significant gen collection - and now my new found love of reps has added to the coffers as well, but I have a big hole in the pilot's watch category. I have been wanting something really classic for a long time and bought a gen Big Pilot sight unseen. I actually hated it. Nice piece, but it is just too big and I really question its value at 10K plus. What I would love is something classic like that watch but with a black datewheel. 42MM would be ideal. It seems that size doesn't exist from any brand. I think I have settled on a Sinn UTC pilot watch in steel. I am thinking of having Aaron Tan make me a classic bomber leather strap with rivets for it as well. Does anyone have this watch or any Sinn like it? Opinions?

ohmycocker

27/3/06
I only buy reps when they are too much. Sometimes I will buy reps when I viewed them that they do not worth that much.

Plan to get a gen B&R BR-01 96 big date and a GO senator navigator this year.