• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone know how to tell if a Tag Aquaracer WAB2010 is real?

JARTHEAD

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/08
I just bought a gen Tag Aquaracer 2000 Auto with black dial off of ebay. Will post pics once I get it. I felt very confident in the seller. Lots of good feedback and they have a brick and mortar store. I don't think i am getting scammed, but noticed that the dial doesn't say Aquaracer on it. It just says automatic and then below 300 meters. Anybody know if this is a tell tale sign? Any other signs I should be on the lookout for? I am thinking i will take it to an AD once it arrives and have them give it a once over. What the hell do I tell the AD?

"Mr. AD, Can you tell me if I just got hosed?"
"Why yes sir you got hosed. This is fake, but I would be happy to sell you a real one".
My point is how would i present it so i don't get duped by the AD?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Re: How to spot a fake Tag Aquaracer WAB2010?

No need to ask AD. They probably won't know the answer too. There are many variations of this model so if you could supply us with pictures, will be greatly appreciated. If you can, check the lume. None of rep Tag has Superluminova on it.

JARTHEAD

26/10/08
Watch just showed up! Lume looks good right out of the box. There is a serial # engraved on case back. I will try posting a pic with my iphone. Anything in particular you want to see? I am afraid the resolution with my iphone will be poor however. Thanks again for your help!

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Let me help you!

photo.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
JARTHEAD said:
My point is how would i present it so i don't get duped by the AD? Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

I don't think an AD would dupe you. Go and compare yours to theirs. Contrary to what you may have heard, AD's are there to support you. I know at least the more reputable dealers would feel sorry for you and give you a bigger discount on a new one. :D

JARTHEAD

26/10/08
Thanks guys. I still can't figure out how the hell to post pics on here. Alviando, thanks for getting that up there. You have to teach me how to do that! I got home and got a few more higher res shots for you all to take a look at (i took the other pic down). let me know what you think. I think I took pics of all the angles (i don't know how to take the case back off to check the movement so that isn't there). Let me know if you need something else to try and figure this out. I must say, the more i wear this watch the less I doubt that it is a gen.
http://s596.photobucket.com/albums/tt50/jarthead/