• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone heard from Lucy this past week?

Bobcat12345

11/10/15
I have to add to the positive feedback for Lucy. Timely communication is not her strong point but let’s face it she’s not a retail store. Quality is her strong point which in the long run really is the key and if the QC pics she just sent of my new SInn that’s coming in are any indication she is making another home run for me! Lucy’s the one I reach out to when I have watch fever for that one model and it has to be right.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: wallaby1

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I have to add to the positive feedback for Lucy. Timely communication is not her strong point but let’s face it she’s not a retail store. Quality is her strong point which in the long run really is the key and if the QC pics she just sent of my new SInn that’s coming in are any indication she is making another home run for me! Lucy’s the one I reach out to when I have watch fever for that one model and it has to be right.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

You are exactly correct. If you can deal with the wait you are rewarded with a great quality Rep.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
To add on all that, Lucy is really super slow.

I inquired to her for 2 watches on the 15th of March, paid on the 16th of March. Got QC for one watch on the 8th of April and 17th of April for the other. That was all fine and expected. I directly approved the QCs the same day when I got them. Also asked her about Timographer pics, but didnt get any.

Now since the 17th no communication from her side, besides me asking for either a shipping number or timographer pics. While I do understand that Lucy's QC is really good and the wait is worth it, not sending out a watch approved since 2 1/2 weeks is annoying.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
I had to learn patience in my watch hobby. I don't have patience in the rest of my life. The effort behind the scenes for me outweighs the long and longer wait. I have used Lucy for years so I know the wait will be long. At the end, when my watch arrives I am happy. I have used other TD's when I first joined RWI that were all faster but if prefer the higher quality over speed.

Desertwanderer

Getting To Know The Place
13/2/19
To add on all that, Lucy is really super slow.

I inquired to her for 2 watches on the 15th of March, paid on the 16th of March. Got QC for one watch on the 8th of April and 17th of April for the other. That was all fine and expected. I directly approved the QCs the same day when I got them. Also asked her about Timographer pics, but didnt get any.

Now since the 17th no communication from her side, besides me asking for either a shipping number or timographer pics. While I do understand that Lucy's QC is really good and the wait is worth it, not sending out a watch approved since 2 1/2 weeks is annoying.

Lucy told me a few days ago that the area where she works had been raided by police and this was causing her delays with products.

Think yourself lucky with the timeline ive been going since Feb for my order........ I trust her.

Carlosg

Known Member
13/1/15
Does anyone know her email or a way to contact her. Want to place an order. Thanks Carlos

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Does anyone know her email or a way to contact her. Want to place an order. Thanks Carlos

Here is Lucy's email [email protected] She does not work weekends. Most of her working time is at night. I usually receive emails from Lucy between 3:00 -4:00 PM east coast USA time so that is 3:00 -4:00 AM in China. Keep in mind her selling point is quality not speed. If you can't wait use another TD such as Puretime or Intime.

Last edited:

Carlosg

Known Member
13/1/15
Thanks I'm actually trying to see if she can source an ARF Jubilee bracelet maybe even with case for a Datejust 41 build im doing. Carlos

cometblade

15/9/15
I'm not a person that likes causing trouble and I'm confident that Lucy will deliver a perfect watch. I have been waiting since December. Just so you have an idea that sometimes depending on the watch and the production flaws you have to wait a pretty long time

w3124

3/10/16
A bit concerned that prior to sending payment I was getting almost immediate email replies from Lucy, but once payment was sent over 2 weeks ago it's been radio silence (not even a payment received confirmation). Anyone else hear from her recently?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
w3124 Lucy sent me QC picks 5 days ago. She will test the watch for a week. Then ship it slow EMS. I have ordered many many watches from Lucy over the last 3 years. Her process is long and tedious. In the end, when the watch arrives I am always pleased. I prefer quality versus fast. It is just my preference.

Now need to be concerned. If your preference is the best possible Rep stay with Lucy. If you want fast pick one of the big TD's. Keep in mind this is not Amazon. Many things can go wrong. You have out of stock, reject parts that delay production for weeks, the watch is returned to factory 3-4 times, police raids, and Chinese Holidays.

alanball9438

20/12/18
A bit concerned that prior to sending payment I was getting almost immediate email replies from Lucy, but once payment was sent over 2 weeks ago it's been radio silence (not even a payment received confirmation). Anyone else hear from her recently?

I totally understand your concern, I bought watches from Lucy before and wait for almost 4 months to get mine (due to CNY), I was very worried about it
After I received the watches, I use loupe and try my best to find something wrong so I can have an excuse to yell at her, but I end up telling her "Thank you Lucy"
Then I ordered from her again, even my buddy here told me to change to another TD, sorry bro...…
If you understand how Lucy works, you might feel better, here's how
First, she is really busy, I mean super busy, not just taking care of us, the watch lovers, also a lot of other customers who want to purchase Channel and Hermes bags. And she is running one man show, no other helper or employee.
Second, after she received the watches that you and the other people ordered (most likely more than 50 watches at a time), she will check every single one of them for about 2 days for dust, winding, smooth ticking, time keeping, dial...etc, if any of failed the test, she exchanged or bring it to her watch maker to clean (this watch maker only help Lucy after his day time watch repair work, so only night time 4 hours).
Let me be clear 2 things here, she don't have to do all this, she can just receive the watch and take some pictures to show you, you will not able to see tiny dust on those photos, so she check it for you with no extra charge. And the other thing, during her inspection period, if any watch failed her inspection, she won't even bother to send you QC, she just exchange/clean for you without asking you, because she knew we all have certain degree of OCD.
Now the final step, she finally feel the watch is OK, then she send you the QC for you to check. Then she ship the watch out once you approved.
I checked all photos very detail the first time when I ordered from her
Now, I just told her to ship it out, she already did the work for me, and she did a better job than me.

BTW, I don't know Lucy personally, only talked to her by email, so don't think I am advertising for her.
Just tell you what I know.
So, be patient, you will get your watch and you will love it.

elconquistador

Respected Member
Certified
10/6/10
I have ordered from her many times. Always takes a long time, always perfect when they arrive.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

w3124

3/10/16
tkingjr alanball9438 elconquistador really appreciate your responses. This is actually my third purchase from Lucy, albeit it's been a few years since I last did business with her in 2016. Thank you all for putting my mind at ease!

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
To revive that topic - last I heard from Lucy was on 23rd of May. Since then I’ve sent 3 emails without any answer from her side. Did she reach out to anyone yet?

mitchellchen0504

Do not accept unsolicited offers
29/7/17
Cheeps hi hi buddy, Last time I heard from Luck was 21st Jun, when is almost 12 days ago. be patient. recently also the N factory in China shut down for a while. Same as Ryan also rest recently.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Cheeps hi hi buddy, Last time I heard from Luck was 21st Jun, when is almost 12 days ago. be patient. recently also the N factory in China shut down for a while. Same as Ryan also rest recently.

Ye. With noob I know, but I didn’t order one. I ordered a ZF. And 21st of June vs. 23rd of March is kinda different :D