• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone heard from Hont lately

PIZZLE

Looking Around
29/7/09
Hi guys, noobie here. I've read post after post in order to decide what dealer and watch was right for me. I finally decided to go with Hont. He had nothing but gret reviews from everyone here. At first the communication was perfect. I asked and he responded. I sent him money via western union for the purchase of my watch. He confirmed receipt of the money and everything was going smoothly. I spoke with him on Saturday evening 08/07/09 which was Sunday for him. I am located in So. Cal. He stated he would send me pics of my watch in a few hours. I never heard from him. I woke up Sunday morning to hear that the east cost of China had been hit by a major tsumani causing over 1 million residents to flee for safety. I have had no response from him since than. It was very hard for me to post this because I do not want to sound like every noobie out there that has ordered there first watch but if it was not for these events I would not be worried. Has anyone heard from him in the last day or so? Does anyone know how to contact him to check for his safety and see if everything is business as usual. Any help will be apreciated. Thanks.

pays

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/7/09
i messaged him today but no response.
i do hope he is ok?

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
thats a nice first post you got there pizzle. i actually havent heard of this tsunami your talking about but nice of you to look for hont like that. :D

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
phillycheez said:
thats a nice first post you got there pizzle. i actually havent heard of this tsunami your talking about but nice of you to look for hont like that. :D
it is not actually a tsunami but a typhoon, the asian term for hurricane. it is typhoo mordicat (sp?)

quite bad actually. several bldgs have fallen down due to erosion of the foundation due to pounding water.

PIZZLE

Looking Around
29/7/09
Yeah it was a typhoon not a tsunami. I realized what I had typed the wrong thing when I logged off last night. Anyway Hont sent me a message this morning so he's alive doing just fine. Thanks to eveyone who posted. I will post pics when I receive my stuff.

D

d4m.test

He appears to be fine, I received 3 emails from him yesterday. We were nearly chatting via email...
T

sta_chiu

29/6/09
I live in HK, but have not heard of a very strong typhoon in China, but there is one in Taiwan thou, killing hundreds.......
And I had talked w/ Hont yesterday, he seems fine, don't worry, I am waiting for my GV from him too...

Y8T8

Known Member
20/11/08
sta_chiu said:
I live in HK, but have not heard of a very strong typhoon in China, but there is one in Taiwan thou, killing hundreds.......
And I had talked w/ Hont yesterday, he seems fine, don't worry, I am waiting for my GV from him too...

Same typhoon (Marikot) passed Taiwan and hit the Chinese coast. It was in the news the last couple of days... :?

spacie

Horology Curious
8/8/09
He seems to have gone quiet again? I haven't heard from him in days... has anyone else here?

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
No worries with Hont,

he sometimes goes away to his watch shop and will sometimes be outside of guangzhou.

He will get back soon and nswer your e-mails Im sure.

Cheers
Mike

spacie

Horology Curious
8/8/09
Yeah he seems like a good reliable person. I was just worried because it's been a while and I've spent a bit of money with him and waiting for a shipping reference. It's cool as you said he'll probably turn up soon... interesting world these dealers live in I'd love to spend 1 day in their shoes.

3035Dream

Known Member
4/9/09
I ordered a watch from him a few days back sent WU to him and everything. He hasn't responded to my last few emails. I'm sure he is busy selecting the best watch for my order.

[smilie=newbie.gif]

marcus4004

9/8/09
Same here I am waiting for the photos and then ship but he isn't replying to any of my emails:(

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
marcus4004 said:
Same here I am waiting for the photos and then ship but he isn't replying to any of my emails:(

Just chill mate,

you will probably have an answer by tonight or tommorow.

Hont sometimes travels outside guangzhou, and he cant be connected to the internet at all times responing to e.mails.

But can assure you, he is going to get back to you..

Cheers
Mike

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
3035Dream said:
I ordered a watch from him a few days back sent WU to him and everything. He hasn't responded to my last few emails. I'm sure he is busy selecting the best watch for my order.

Yep, that's it! :D

Hont is VERY reliable, no need for anybody to worry! But we must realize that he is more or less a one man show, and gets ill, has to go visit his parents, spend time with his family, take his children to the dentist, pick up watches from the factories, repaint his house, update his site with new photos, respond to a zillion e-mail every day, take his car to the repair shop, go to Ikea with his wife, take his son to football practice and get his hair cut. And that was just this afternoon!

Xplodr

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
Exploder said:
3035Dream said:

Yep, that's it! :D

Hont is VERY reliable, no need for anybody to worry! But we must realize that he is more or less a one man show, and gets ill, has to go visit his parents, spend time with his family, take his children to the dentist, pick up watches from the factories, repaint his house, update his site with new photos, respond to a zillion e-mail every day, take his car to the repair shop, go to Ikea with his wife, take his son to football practice and get his hair cut. And that was just this afternoon!

Xplodr

LOL, well put Explodr! :D

BreitlingDave

Looking Around
24/8/09
same here, ordered 2 watches. i paid him monday the 7th sept. He still has to pick up is money from WU.

Hope to hear from him soon, so i have my watches before i go on holiday :)

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
He's around. I wouldn't worry. I got an email from him a couple of days ago. He's probably travelling or something.