• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any problems seeing images?

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Are there any users who are having problems viewing images?

If so, please post below.

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Now and again on some of the eye candy threads it happens.

Some of the images wont show, but then when it continues to a new page, they start showing again.

Not all the time, and doesn't seem to be any commonality, but just now and again.

For example, on the dive watches thread:

Page 203, post 4047 is ok, but 4048 onwards, nothing (see below screengrab)

And I suspect when it loops onto page 204 itll be ok.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
No problem viewing, but if I touch an image while scrolling up or down it turns orange and stays orange unless I refresh the page, on apple iPad mini

Reactions: Markangel

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
FYI - New posting on page 203 & no image displayed

Will update when it changes to page 204. But I'd be nearly certain it will start displaying again from what I've seen happen before.

Not sure if it helps diagnose/isolate the issue, but hope it helps somewhat.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
No problem viewing, but if I touch an image while scrolling up or down it turns orange and stays orange unless I refresh the page, on apple iPad mini
That would be an iOS feature, it shows you the image you selected with a visual aid, orange being because of the accent color of the forum. Selecting something else, or clicking on another "non selectable" element, should get rid of it

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
FYI - New posting on page 203 & no image displayed

Will update when it changes to page 204. But I'd be nearly certain it will start displaying again from what I've seen happen before.

Not sure if it helps diagnose/isolate the issue, but hope it helps somewhat.
All those look OK to me. Also, have not noticed any issues with viewing images and such on the new forum.

I do, however, sometimes see things that other people can't see. My therapist thinks I can work through that, though. :)

Anaanis

Known Member
11/5/22
From the moon, I watch
Thanks for the thread, I guess I kicked this off. For all other users, I am having this problem only when logged in.

And not for all the pictures When logged out, everything works fine.

zniu2s.jpg

This happens on all browsers I tested on my Samsung A52s: chrome, Firefox, Dolphin. With and without VPN. With cache cleared. Will try on my pc once home.

Thanks to the admins for your help on this.

Markangel

I'm Pretty Popular
3/4/19
EU
I have the same thing on iPhone 12 Pro.

Angryboai

Known Member
13/8/21
I have problem loading pics. Can anyone pls tell me how to fix this problem ? Thanks in advance.

Angryboai

Known Member
13/8/21

This is the link to the thread. Maybe because there're too many pics to load which cause this problem.

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Depending on where the images are served. Some are blocked when I’m using my VPN.

Reactions: mclarendude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

This is the link to the thread. Maybe because there're too many pics to load which cause this problem.
Those broken link images are from picr.me, the previous image host that we were using and that got removed, so unfortunately, all the pics hosted there won't be visible.

Reactions: Angryboai

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I only get issues but its on my work computer and it's only with pics hosted on Clickpix and its blocked for me. I can see other hosts, including tapatalk pic links.

Angryboai

Known Member
13/8/21
Those broken link images are from picr.me, the previous image host that we were using and that got removed, so unfortunately, all the pics hosted there won't be visible.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I thought my IP had some problem.