• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any opinions on this 007-Gen or Rep?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
looks gen? has serial number? does rep have serial nnumbere? nice decorated movement too

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
crick said:
looks gen? has serial number? does rep have serial nnumbere? nice decorated movement too

...Ok thanks crick. Yes rep has serial numbers on back side next to crown just the like real thing. Looks like
it's going to go for about $1200 excellent cond. too... :)

crick

1/8/06
cybee said:
crick said:

...Ok thanks crick. Yes rep has serial numbers on back side next to crown just the like real thing. Looks like
it's going to go for about $1200 excellent cond. too... :)

really? i didnt know the rep SMP had that also. hmMmm, well, the movement looks great :) probalby the only tell tale for me there.

dslmkr

Renowned Member
Certified
3/4/06
i've seen gen omega movement and that rotor is not one!! color of insert is way off!!! has to be rep!!! if you search through ebay you'll see the difference!!!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
takashi said:
It's more or less a rep or frankenwatch the most.

...thanks takashi. I was comparing my WBK to it and I think mine looks better. Isn't a misaligned bezel a dead
giveaway. Someone's about to pay over $1200, heck I'd sell him mine for only half that... :lol:

kdo2milger

17/3/06
caseback is a dead giveaway...

09307/10011???

10007 should be what it reads...

thats a pos :eek:

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
Agree.. any 007 edition usually limited to 10007, one other number is a totally fake.
Dan

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
thanks guys...I checked my numbers on the back and they are similar to the ones on that watch. No 007 on
my serial numbers either...looks like someone just got screwed...Ebay no different than Eurofakes lol. :)

crick

1/8/06
what's funny is he says "ONLY 10007 made!" but the caseback says 10011

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
This is a bad replica with a good case.

- Color of the insert is bad (but the pearl is awesome)
- Bezel insert is misaligned like all fake
- The white scare around the date window isn't close enough of the window.
- serial is wrong
- movement is wrong
- all the lume is badly made
- second hand is a tad short
- the S of seamaster is a bit too high (the start of the "e" should be at the same level of the middle of the "S")

Someone got screwed !

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Definitely it's a rep. All the flaws have been mentioned and the buyers must be really really unlucky to get this piece.

Ferrariman

Renowned Member
19/8/06
Wow, I really got over on that WBK, I bought mine similar to this for only $95.00. He He He. :wink:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Ferrariman said:
Wow, I really got over on that WBK, I bought mine similar to this for only $95.00. He He He. :wink:

...me too. Actually I think the WBK's are better looking. Ebay for not allowing auctioning of reps sure sell a lot of them. :shock: Scambay. :)

Maestrosa

Known Member
12/2/07
I would think that ebay would check items like this, but I guess they leave it to the customer to do the checking.

As I am new to this, does anyone ever think of reporting the sellers of these to ebay? I know that most things in the rep world are attempted to be kept quiet, but I imagine that most rep dealers sell their watches as replicas and not try and pass it off as genuine such as this person.

What a shame or sham for that matter.