• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any golfers on the board

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
My ony other hobby besides watch collecting is Golf. I have loved the game for a very long time. I visit some of the boards and love hearing great golf shot stories or some stories of your best course records or best course you have played.
So far my best score is 80. My best golf shot was when I hit the ball past the green on a 300 yrd par 4. The guys on the green were not mad since it was such an impressive shot. I have never played any great courses just some nice courses in tennessee and louisiana.

Ken72

rah

29/3/06
I had back problems so have not played for awhile but going to get started again this year. Have a couple of really nice courses just minutes from my home.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
I play when time permit. I need new clubs, still hitting Ping Eye Threes my parents bought me in high-school. I am a little taller now. Although, I have upgraded the woods To TAYLOR MADE. Like anyother big city, Kansas City has a lot of golf courses.

A LINK TO MY FAVORITE COURSE IN KANSAS CITY

http://www.tiffanygreensgolf.com/

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
I gave up golf to concentrate on tournament Bass fishing. I was to the point of shooting high 70's to low 80's everytime out. Which ain't bad golf. Two aces to my credit. No 300 yard drives for me unless a cart path was involved. hehehehe At my best I averaged about 230 off the tee but was pretty accurate with mid irons. Memorable shot... well aces of course, but here's a better story. Playing a friend a $1.00 skins game. Par 3, 175 Yds, 5 hole carry over. He hit about 10' of the pin, I hit left of the green and looked like it was on the beach hehehe. Was actually left of trap by an inch. Hole was about 15' on the green. So very difficult to stop ball or easy to get too cute and just duff it into trap. Not an easy shot. My buddy is strutting around on the green basically counting my money... he's thinking finesse shot...no chance for me. I had a surprise for him. Took the wedge and laid the blade as open as is possible. I took a full swing, slid the blade perfectly under the ball. It shot pretty much straight up. Cleared the bunker landed about 10 feet from hole and spun back toward hole. Didn't go in but there was only one blade of grass holding it out. Shook him up bad hehehe We tied that hole but I won all the rest. Put his cash in my pocket :lol:

Higgy 8)

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
higgy said:
I gave up golf to concentrate on tournament Bass fishing. I was to the point of shooting high 70's to low 80's everytime out. Which ain't bad golf. Two aces to my credit. No 300 yard drives for me unless a cart path was involved. hehehehe At my best I averaged about 230 off the tee but was pretty accurate with mid irons. Memorable shot... well aces of course, but here's a better story. Playing a friend a $1.00 skins game. Par 3, 175 Yds, 5 hole carry over. He hit about 10' of the pin, I hit left of the green and looked like it was on the beach hehehe. Was actually left of trap by an inch. Hole was about 15' on the green. So very difficult to stop ball or easy to get too cute and just duff it into trap. Not an easy shot. My buddy is strutting around on the green basically counting my money... he's thinking finesse shot...no chance for me. I had a surprise for him. Took the wedge and laid the blade as open as is possible. I took a full swing, slid the blade perfectly under the ball. It shot pretty much straight up. Cleared the bunker landed about 10 feet from hole and spun back toward hole. Didn't go in but there was only one blade of grass holding it out. Shook him up bad hehehe We tied that hole but I won all the rest. Put his cash in my pocket :lol:

HANDICAP?
Higgy 8)

higgy

Advisor
17/3/06
shutter_bug said:
higgy said:

HANDICAP?
Higgy 8)

Hey shutterbug.

I'm glad you put in the question mark hehehe cause yes I am hehehe :lol:

Never really turned cards in but most courses I played were rated around 72 to 73, believe my scores would have given me about a 10 or maybe 11. But that's all guesstimation. Was not real sure of the calculation formula. I was more into who was buying at the 19th hole

:shock: :D

Higgy

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
Hey shutterbug.

I'm glad you put in the question mark hehehe cause yes I am hehehe

Never really turned cards in but most courses I played were rated around 72 to 73, believe my scores would have given me about a 10 or maybe 11. But that's all guesstimation. Was not real sure of the calculation formula. I was more into who was buying at the 19th hole

The Clubhouse that is. A nice place to do some card playing. Sometimes you win and sometimes you loose.

rheemteam

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/06
I'm out here in Az and we have some beautiful desert coures out here. Lots of elevated tee boxes and greens. Target golf makes it tough. I don't fare as well as you guys on the links. I don't get out a hole bunch and shoot high 80's low 90's but I love it and will continue to struggle. :) I was curious if anyone has found out how the rep clubs play? C ya at the 19th. Cheers.

Jim

Goldeneye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/06
Had league tonight and shot a 41 on the back (9 hole play) with 4 lost balls. It's such an interesting game, I can give you a 76 just as fast as a 94. Maybe that's what keeps bringing us back.

Question: What is your handicap? Answer: "Woods and Irons"!
ain't it the truth

higgy

Advisor
17/3/06
Someone posted a link to a sting operation for rep clubs...don't remember where. But it basically said that China manufactures all the components for brand name clubs anyway...except for Ping iron heads. The rep clubs rated very good. Wish I remembered where the link was...good read.

So yeah safe bet, good buy :wink:

Higgy 8)

higgy

Advisor
17/3/06
Goldeneye said:
Had league tonight and shot a 41 on the back (9 hole play) with 4 lost balls. It's such an interesting game, I can give you a 76 just as fast as a 94. Maybe that's what keeps bringing us back.

Question: What is your handicap? Answer: "Woods and Irons"!
ain't it the truth

My handicap is I stand too close to the ball...

...after I hit it !!!!! :lol: :lol:

Higgy 8)

TANFOGLIO

22/4/06
I can´t play Golf but it is a nice sport

T_GOLF_0001.jpg

T_GOLF_0002.jpg

T_GOLF_0003.jpg

T_GOLF_0004.jpg

T_GOLF_0005.jpg

T_GOLF_0006.jpg

T_GOLF_0007.jpg

T_GOLF_0008.jpg

T_GOLF_0009.jpg

T_GOLF_0010.jpg

rah

29/3/06
With golfing friends like that my handicap would not be golf it would be my thoughts.

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
Do I play golf?

I live in the homeland of Golf, the rituous and historical founding lands of golf, and you are asking me if I play.........

Of course not lol.......

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
takashi said:
:roll: well... can they really play golf :oops: ?

Probably better than the guys standing around watching them :lol: